This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Phil Fish selling Fez IP and Polyton, leaving industry (again).

#61arleasPosted 8/23/2014 12:37:25 PM
JKatarn posted...
I saw the movie and sure, he's got an undeserved inflated ego, and has made some abrasive comments, but insane? I think that's being a bit hyperbolic.

He doesn't act like a mentally stable person...maybe saying "insane" brings up mental images of a guy in a straight jacket or whatever... I just meant to say the guy is far from mentally stable (as it should be easily observable with his latest drama) and that he needs to see psychiatric help for it... I'm not a doctor so I can't say what I think his mental problems are... But I can see he's "not well".
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#62ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/23/2014 12:39:36 PM
Bane766 posted...
I doubt the FBI would do anything for a false dox. Unless the people falsely dox'd reported it to the FBI-which is damn unlikely.

The stuff that was leaked would be a felony offense if he did it.
#63DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/23/2014 12:42:18 PM
Rangue posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Elkiador posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
TBH, the rampant fish hate is a larger source of drama and garbage than fish himself.

No it's not. The only time any "rampant fish hate" comes out is when that idiot opens his mouth and says something stupid and inflammatory (which is all the time).

Which he does in response to rampant fish hate that keeps rolling regardless.
I've seen lots of it even when fish hasn't said anything noteworthy in months. He's a childish -----, but so is everyone he's "fighting" with.

Fish started the fight. Everyone thought Fish was the coolest after fez was released, I know I did, I was sure he was going to be the next big star in gaming. It was only after he gained the public spotlight and started ranting about crazy stuff on twitter that any child could see was blatantly wrong that people started trolling him. He responded to the trolling in hilarious and over-reactionary ways, which of course further empowers the trolls.

Also, anyone who says that youtubers/lets play/reviewers owe him money for using the content of his game in videos is kind of asking to be hated by the internet.

See? Children.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#64RanguePosted 8/23/2014 12:45:07 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Rangue posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Elkiador posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
TBH, the rampant fish hate is a larger source of drama and garbage than fish himself.

No it's not. The only time any "rampant fish hate" comes out is when that idiot opens his mouth and says something stupid and inflammatory (which is all the time).

I've seen lots of it even when fish hasn't said anything noteworthy in months. He's a childish -----, but so is everyone he's "fighting" with.

Fish started the fight. Everyone thought Fish was the coolest after fez was released, I know I did, I was sure he was going to be the next big star in gaming. It was only after he gained the public spotlight and started ranting about crazy stuff on twitter that any child could see was blatantly wrong that people started trolling him. He responded to the trolling in hilarious and over-reactionary ways, which of course further empowers the trolls.

Also, anyone who says that youtubers/lets play/reviewers owe him money for using the content of his game in videos is kind of asking to be hated by the internet.

See? Children.

Oh, someone told you that you should be able to act however you want and no one should be able to call you out on it? I am very sorry to inform you, but you were lied to.
---
PSN: BigPenguin
XBL: BigRoundPenguin
#65DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/23/2014 12:59:37 PM
Rangue posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Rangue posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Elkiador posted...

See? Children.

Oh, someone told you that you should be able to act however you want and no one should be able to call you out on it? I am very sorry to inform you, but you were lied to.

Same could be said in reverse, but either way, it's ignoring the issue to try and play the blame game.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#66xcmon3yx2Posted 8/23/2014 1:07:04 PM
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
What's doxxed even mean? I just saw it these past two days

to have your personal information, exposed through social engineering/hacking
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777, (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#67xcmon3yx2Posted 8/23/2014 1:08:25 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Bane766 posted...
I doubt the FBI would do anything for a false dox. Unless the people falsely dox'd reported it to the FBI-which is damn unlikely.

Apparently, employee info, financial info, and game files were "leaked", which would be a crime.

This whole shady situation should result in a legal investigation, though. Especially when he's now trying to sell the company and assets.

The FBI doesnt have time for neckbeard stuff like this, when far more serious crimes needs to be investigated. This would be a local police matter
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777, (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#68snesmaster40Posted 8/23/2014 1:10:53 PM
Except Fish is trying sell the company now. That could be seen as fraud.
---
Are we not men?
#69Bane766Posted 8/23/2014 1:20:50 PM
snesmaster40 posted...
Except Fish is trying sell the company now. That could be seen as fraud.

Which is a white collar crime. The FBI hardly does anything with these unless it's blatant.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#70ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/23/2014 1:23:15 PM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
Bane766 posted...

Apparently, employee info, financial info, and game files were "leaked", which would be a crime.

This whole shady situation should result in a legal investigation, though. Especially when he's now trying to sell the company and assets.

The FBI doesnt have time for neckbeard stuff like this, when far more serious crimes needs to be investigated. This would be a local police matter

Leaking your employees personal details isn't a small crime.