This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finished build, turning on PC but nothing showing up on screen.. HELP??

#31siglumdiobolikPosted 8/24/2014 4:20:01 PM
this hasn't been mentioned yet but check the thermal paste on the heatsink if you put to much and its overflowing on to the contacts of the processor it will short it and cause this exact issue. if it is the case carefuly clean with isopro alcohol and reapply carefully with a smaller amount
---
Navy, GunnersMate 1st Class
#32Damaged7Posted 8/24/2014 4:25:13 PM
I'm putting together a similar build in the next few days and now i'm worried about this.
---
Bold Text
#33HighOnPhazonPosted 8/24/2014 4:41:23 PM
Couldn't happen to a better person.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#34HighOnPhazonPosted 8/24/2014 4:41:51 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
Bump

How can I update the BIOS of my mobo without another CPU??

Wtf at PC gaming

Go back to your Ps4
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#35foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 5:24:26 PM
WerdnAndreW posted...
Have you tried a different output? I've asked you twice already...

Sorry...

By output do you mean the power adapter or HDMI output? I've tried different ones for both

darkus_f posted...
Did you try that?^

If that doesn't work, try going to a local PC store like Newegg they can help... they can update it for you for a cheap price. I live in a 3rd world country and it just cost me 5$.

Newegg has local stores?

If not are there any local stores I can just take my build to? Whether it's to update BIOS on my mobo, troubleshoot hardware, etc.... anyone know if there are still some PC repair shops in USA?

Apparently Best Buy's Geek Squad is not geek enough to do it.

siglumdiobolik posted...
this hasn't been mentioned yet but check the thermal paste on the heatsink if you put to much and its overflowing on to the contacts of the processor it will short it and cause this exact issue. if it is the case carefuly clean with isopro alcohol and reapply carefully with a smaller amount

Where can I get isopro alcohol? Can I just rubbing alcohol to remove the thermal paste? it wont damage my cpu when i remove the heatsink even tho i applied paste right?

HighOnPhazon posted...

Go back to your Ps4

Do I even know you? what's your problem? please go
---
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN [TBA]
FINAL FANTASY XVersus [TBA]
#36WerdnAndreWPosted 8/24/2014 5:26:17 PM
foxyReyoko posted...

Sorry...

By output do you mean the power adapter or HDMI output? I've tried different ones for both

Have you tried DVI or VGA?
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#37foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 5:31:43 PM
WerdnAndreW posted...
foxyReyoko posted...

Sorry...

Have you tried DVI or VGA?

Oh I tried a DVI to HDMI cable where the DVI end connects to the PC and HDMI on monitor. I couldn't find my VGA and DVI cables unfortunately.. I guess it's still worth trying with just VGA?
---
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN [TBA]
FINAL FANTASY XVersus [TBA]
#38WerdnAndreWPosted 8/24/2014 5:43:12 PM
Try VGA because HDMI is picky when it comes to resolutions.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#39siglumdiobolikPosted 8/24/2014 7:14:34 PM
it was short for isopropyl alcohol and can usually be found in same area as rubbing alcohol at the store , and if you do it carefully you shouldn't have an issue removing the heat sink. I had this issue before when I was in a rush to get a build done for my friends b-day, ended up having to take it back and clean it up to get it working if the thermal paste did over flow check the socket as well for paste and the base housing make sure it gets cleaned up. with the symptoms you stated it could be things aren't seated correctly as well make sure everything is in and pushed down all the way , probably not a graphic card doa issue because if that was the case then the out put on the mobo would have still produced a picture it is a short somewhere either with inproper stand offs , inproper seating of add on cards or ram, the thermal paste issue or inproper wiring or a combination there of. good luck hope this helps
---
Navy, GunnersMate 1st Class