This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone have ADD when it comes to games?

#1dATerXiesPosted 8/23/2014 5:37:15 AM
Just curious to know.. im sure i cant be the only one but i been playing games for 22 years now and for some reason i can rarely finish a game. The only exceptions ever was Mass Effect 2 (That game sucked me in, but never finished ME 1 or 3) Fallout 3 (but never beat New Vegas) and i think i beat Mafia 2... oh yea and Red Dead Redemption. That is it in 22 years of gaming.

I play almost every AAA game that comes out and just can never seem to finish them before getting bored and setting it aside to sit. They might be the most awesome thing in ive played for the first few hours but after that i all of a sudden it doesn't get played anymore.

Granted i did get sucked into MMO's, EVE specifically for about 8-9 years and most games came second to EVE when i would be able to play.

Anyone else?
#2TropicMoon10Posted 8/23/2014 5:44:12 AM
Kind of.

I haven't finished a game in a while, but that's only because gaming has been kind of slow so far this year. Nothing has interested me enough so I went back and started some games in my Steam backlog. But in the end I stop after a while and go back to Dark Souls and TF2 until something good comes out (come on, Arkham Knight!)
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#3cancerstormPosted 8/23/2014 5:44:40 AM
don't think that's ADD, just you ran out of interesting things to do
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#4MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/23/2014 5:45:10 AM
I can't pay attention to any game that requires strategy and is slow-paced. (Civ is an exception, whatever they do) I just need the ability to leeroy jenkins in games and I'm good.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#5LvthnPosted 8/23/2014 5:46:49 AM
The only sense in which I beat fewer games nowadays is that I play more games that are never truly "beaten" because they're not designed that way.
#6ryouma17Posted 8/23/2014 5:54:48 AM
yes but its not just games i just have A.D.D. in general, i'll play a game for a few, then switch over to netflix or something and watch a few minutes of something then go back to a game or something else like trying to finish my jigsaw puzzle or whatever, it can be annoying bt sometimes i can hold my attention and do the same thing like a play a game or something for hours on end
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#7Killah PriestPosted 8/23/2014 5:56:32 AM
I have more similar to cognitive dissonance than ADD.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8youshallbeasgodPosted 8/23/2014 5:58:08 AM
I'm kinda like you.
I have this weird thing, when I feel a game is getting close to the climatic conclusion, It turns me off. Even worse when I'm enjoying the game, because I know it's ending soon. Sometimes I don't even watch the ending.

Oh, and when I do finish a game, I have to sit through the excruciating long credits, because in my sick mind, there's always a hidden scene you can't view on youtube
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#9MelvinSmileyPosted 8/23/2014 12:45:27 PM
I have problems deciding which games to play. I um and ahh over my collection for 10 minutes and eventually pick one randomly, Only to start it and wonder if I should play one of the other 5 games I am thinking about.

I usually just end up watching tv at that point.
---
If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
PSN: PointHrO STEAM: PointHrO
#10Bane766Posted 8/23/2014 12:49:14 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
I'm kinda like you.
I have this weird thing, when I feel a game is getting close to the climatic conclusion, It turns me off. Even worse when I'm enjoying the game, because I know it's ending soon. Sometimes I don't even watch the ending.

Oh, and when I do finish a game, I have to sit through the excruciating long credits, because in my sick mind, there's always a hidden scene you can't view on youtube

I like to savor the conclusions to games and books. So if it's particularly good, I'll stop near the end and pick it up in a few days. Just to savor the journey that I've been through with it.

Oh and sometimes I'll do the look over games thing...pick one and then think I should be playing a different one, then go do something else like watch tv or read lol.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort