This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

arma 3 addons (help)

#1SnipeStarPosted 8/23/2014 6:01:13 PM
ive had no issue with custom co-op maps and whatnot for arma 3, but i can not for the life of me figure out how to get mods / addons to work properly. all the guides out there seem like they are too outdated to be useful. i'm trying mainly to get the 'virtual arsenal anywhere' mod working

mod here <http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26269>

i've putting the launch parameters different ways... the game shows the mods listed but the option to enable or disable them is grayed out. not real sure what i need to do....
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#2Lemur_HPosted 8/23/2014 6:21:13 PM
@VA into the ARMA 3 main folder.

-mod=@VA

If it doesn't work, the mod is either broken or incompatible with the latest version of ARMA 3.
#3SnipeStar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 7:33:47 PM
yo what is with the weapon sway they added to the game it makes aiming unbearable. there's a reduced sway mod but i can't tell if it's working or not- the title of it is Reduced Sway Mod, so would it be @Reduced_Sway_Mod in the launch parameter?
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#4Lemur_HPosted 8/23/2014 11:13:45 PM
I haven't played the game in a long time. Can't comment on the mechanics.

The beauty of the mod folders is that you can rename them.

Rename @Reduced_Sway_Mod or whatever the folder is to @RSW.

Launch parameters will be something like this:

-otherlaunchparam1 -mod=@mod1;@RSW;@mod3 -otherlaunchparam2

; between each mod. If it doesn't work, confirm the folder structure isn't screwed up by some accident (ARMAfolder/@modfolder/files) and check the mod's webpage to ensure it has no dependencies on other mods.

Rename mod folders whatever you want to keep the launch parameters short.

You can also use a 3rd party launcher and choose which mods the ARMA game will launch with. Might be a bit less annoying.
#5Ikari GendoPosted 8/24/2014 5:29:56 AM
They just added weapon inertia. Makes a big difference for moving slowly with just an SMG (if you're a downed pilot or something), versus someone who has a LMG and a javelin sprinting everywhere. I think AGM already adjusted the levels though and has weapon resting.... It's a highly recommended mod anyway.

Also, I recommend using either playwithsix or one of various Arma 3 launchers available on armaholic
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
#6NoSequelForYouPosted 8/24/2014 9:44:29 AM
I checked the file and the structure seems fine.

Extract the mod folder and check within to make sure there is a file called "Addons", so in your case it would be: @VA/Addons

Now copy/paste or drag/drop the entire @VA folder to steam/steamapps/common/arma 3 directory. Now fire up the game and when you hit the main menu, select 'Configure' followed by 'Expansions' then scroll down the list until you see Virtual Arsenal 2.0. Select it then hit the 'Enable' button at the bottom. The last action will ask you to restart the game - do so.

This should allow the mod to load when you fire the game up. It is how I have always installed the mods for my game.

Hope it works for you.
#7SnipeStar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 2:04:34 PM
yeah it was working after lemur's post... the mods i have show up in the configure->expansions place, but the option to enable/disable them is grayed out. the mods are still working though.

weird, i can't get them to work through the built-in launcher but with the manual launch parameters under the game's properties it works
---
#8SnipeStar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 8:37:18 PM
just wanted to say thank you to everyone who took the time to respond.... the game is soooo much more tolerable with mods

(the VAA mod is awesome btw)
---