This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people even bother playing multiplayer games that aren't scaled to newbs?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do people even bother playing multiplayer games that aren't scaled to newbs?

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 years ago#21
All of TC's complaints are valid. That's why I only coop online. VS is pointless and always has been.

User Info: Sora_Anbu

Sora_Anbu
2 years ago#22
In Aion I was able to take out people 5-10 lvls higher than myself, and I wasn't even twinking.
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack

User Info: That1Guyy

That1Guyy
2 years ago#23
kobalobasileus posted...
All of TC's complaints are valid. That's why I only coop online. VS is pointless and always has been.

I mean, maybe competitive multiplayer really just isn't for you, but it seems like you're missing out on a lot of gaming opportunities because of a serious misconception of what competitive gaming is.
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.

User Info: fakewars

fakewars
2 years ago#24
jake-sf posted...
The MMO part is true, though. Almost every MMO out there has pathetically stupid scalling. WoW is the worst kind. I don't recall a level 58 could beat a level 60, unless the 60 was that dumb.

If this is true then I'm really grateful as a Planetside 2 player, a skilled player with BR1 character could easily kill average player with BR100 character
FX 6300 3.5Ghz | MSI HD 7790 OC | M5A78L-M | V-Gen 4GB | CX 500w
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs." ~Ningishzida

User Info: BoswerLK

BoswerLK
2 years ago#25
what FPSs are these..............all the ones I've played matchmake me with fodders who've never held a mouse in their lives before for at least 40 hours, regardless of how much complete ass I am handing to them

I don't even touch my loadouts until 20-30 hours in
My reviews: http://boswerlk.wordpress.com
Valar Morghulis

User Info: That1Guyy

That1Guyy
2 years ago#26
The thing about World of Warcraft is that when you hit the level cap, you still increase your potential through gear. A gearless 60 and a fully geared 60 are as far apart as a gearless 60 and a level 55 character. But that applies mainly to the current level cap. For early levels, the old level cap raid/pvp gear really isn't going to come into play, but then you have heirloom gear which puts a character a step above any character of equal level without heirlooms, and then there's the fact that early level gear from each expansion is accessable a few levels below the bottom level for the expansion, and that gear is far above anything available at those levels in the pre-expansion content.

Which can be summed up as, skill still matters in that good players can kill other players 5 or more levels above them, but gear quality really murks up direct comparisons between two characters of any level.
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#27
KarnRX78 posted...
There isn't a FPS where I've felt at a disadvantage starting out, the default classes usually give you enough to get by on skill alone.

Firefall
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram //My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S // PS3/360
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do people even bother playing multiplayer games that aren't scaled to newbs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived