This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is an Alienware worth it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is an Alienware worth it?
1 year ago#51
Usually gaming laptops aren't worth it. They are large, bulky and hot, too bulky to carry around everywhere and have a high price compared to their power as a gaming device.

Most people would tell you to build a desktop for gaming and get something very light if you do need a laptop. Unfortunately I don't know the gaming laptop scene at a ll.
1 year ago#52
Ha_D00D posted...
You'll be reluctant. You'll be in denial. You'll think, "but there must be another way?!!". You will feel utter regret... if you don't build your own.

---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
1 year ago#53
No. I have an Alienware laptop I saved for a long time and it cost $1500- can't even run new games that well at all (medium MAYBE at 30-40fps). Desktops are alright, but you should just build your own, it's not too hard and some places will do it for you for like 50 bucks.
---
XBL A Killing Pie~PSN A_Killing_Pie~Steam Scooby Doo
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"
1 year ago#54
LightningAce11 posted...
So could you guys please recommend something?

Get a small desktop, assuming you don't move houses like once a week it's not too much work. Just a small box and a screen. You could even use a TV no problem.
---
XBL A Killing Pie~PSN A_Killing_Pie~Steam Scooby Doo
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"
1 year ago#55
JKatarn posted...
The 660 is a decent GPU, I still high/max most games at 1080p, but yeah, for $2500 you should expect more. It's a midrange card.

For $2500 you should be able to handle 4K at 60 FPS.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
1 year ago#56
Are any other dell pcs worth it?
---
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189
1 year ago#57
lol
1 year ago#58
LightningAce11 posted...
Are any other dell pcs worth it?

TimePharaoh posted...
lol

Just build your own.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
1 year ago#59
Australia you say? Then you'd want to get your parts at Msy (google it). Keep in mind the parts are more expensive than in America.
---
I can't stand FFIX, waiting 20 seconds at the start of every random battle with slow animations is not fun.
Bingo! http://i.imgur.com/fTrX3TV.png
1 year ago#60
JKatarn posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
Alienware is over priced and you get a way lower end GPU for what you are paying for. My frined spent $2500 on a desktop and sure it had a nice I7, 32GB of ram, a fancy tower... but it had a GTX 660 for a GPU.

My PC smokes his and costs half of what he payed for it.

In other words don't waste your money on it. even if your supper lazy and don't want to learn how to build it , you could still buy all the parts and pay some one to build it for you and still be way better and cheaper.

The 660 is a decent GPU, I still high/max most games at 1080p, but yeah, for $2500 you should expect more. It's a midrange card.

I agree a 660 is a fine card still if you are building a PC for around $700. for a $2500 PC that's a joke. should have came with nothing less then a 680
---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is an Alienware worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived