This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do you still look at system requirements?

#11AnDtuigeannTuPosted 8/24/2014 11:09:11 AM
Actually I only do on the absolutely newer stuff that looks like it might be a bit demanding, just to see if I've fallen behind the curve yet, as I haven't done an upgrade in about two years.
---
Doesn't matter how well you're doing, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
#12Chargers_31Posted 8/24/2014 11:12:13 AM
Nah. My build is like a year old and I can still run pretty much anything on pretty high settings with 60 fps
#13kobalobasileusPosted 8/24/2014 11:17:07 AM
Allmattered posted...
Is there a need to? All System requirements in games these days are made up crap. Publishers just paste higher system reqs on their game each time to give the silly illusion that it looks better and improved *looks at COD.
Trust me, I've played plenty of modern games on my ancient PC to realize how much of BS system requirements are.

I'm pretty sure system requirements have ALWAYS been made up crap. It always drove me nuts when I'd buy a DOS game back in the day, read the system requirements of 4MB RAM, install it on my very expensive PC with 12MB RAM, and never get to play it because "not enough memory."
#14Dark_SpiretPosted 8/24/2014 11:33:12 AM
now i do, but only because my system is getting on in years. for the last 5-6 years i didnt need to. i plan to upgrade early next year tho so that will take care of that.
---
Currently playing: Risen 3 - FTL - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
#15Sora_AnbuPosted 8/24/2014 11:41:25 AM
Yup, all the time to laugh at devs and to see if it's going on the ssd or hdd
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#16rainedownPosted 8/24/2014 11:41:56 AM
I've only looked when creating a cheap build specifically made to play a certain game or software.

Our gaming PCs have homogenized so much now that system requirements aren't necessary to look at unless you're not following the i5, 8gb, $200+ modern GPU format. It's easier for us and developers that way.
#17EpicKingdom_Posted 8/24/2014 12:03:42 PM
Looking at system requirements is what peasants do.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vQsosua.png
#18NemerlightPosted 8/24/2014 12:13:38 PM
Not anymore. Its so inaccurate its not even funny.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#19godplaysSNESPosted 8/24/2014 12:25:06 PM(edited)
Of course, I find it interesting to see the official minimum and recommended requirements. It's of interest for comparing the PC and console versions too.

Many games do have BS requirements though.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#20JKatarnPosted 8/24/2014 12:21:18 PM
Allmattered posted...
rust me, I've played plenty of modern games on my ancient PC to realize how much of BS system requirements are.

If you're talking about the newer XB1/PS4 ports, yeah, those requirements are probably inflated, if you're talking about a relatively modern game that requires say an 8800 and a core i5, those are pretty modest, and that card has been around for quite a while so they're probably accurate. I've played games on minimum/slightly over minimum spec machines and it wasn't quite what I would call "playable", so I doubt your gaming experience with an "ancient" PC (assuming you're not being facetious) is very good.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES