This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Crew confirmed to be locked at 30FPS on PC.

#21TropicMoon10Posted 8/26/2014 6:28:04 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...

You know, Ubisoft is made up of a ton of smaller studios, right? Development on Far Cry 4 doesn't at all impact development on The Crew.
The Crew is being made by Reflections and Ivory Tower.
Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity are Ubisoft Montreal.
Assassin's Creed Rogue is Ubisoft Sofia.

Plus, a different studio -Ubisoft Kiev- are in charge of the PC porting for Unity and FC4.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#22DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/26/2014 6:29:13 AM
But arcade racers always needed higher framerates to be any good. It was usually simulation style racing games and kart racers that have been 30fps in the past.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#23Richardthe3rdPosted 8/26/2014 6:32:28 AM
This game was never on my radar; now it's on my radar as a big thing to avoid.
---
Nintendo: Want me to buy a WiiU?
MAKE A NEW F-ZERO
#24SinisterSlayPosted 8/26/2014 6:34:25 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
But arcade racers always needed higher framerates to be any good. It was usually simulation style racing games and kart racers that have been 30fps in the past.

No, other way around.

Arcade racers are more forgiving. Bouncing off a wall is barely an issue, hitting another car causes no effects. You can't total your car by accidentally bumping into another opponent.. Arcade racers are designed with horrible controls in mind. They are designed for gamepads.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#25Broccoli92Posted 8/26/2014 6:35:53 AM
DAT Cinematic feeling
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax
#26Jason_HudsonPosted 8/26/2014 7:12:08 AM
I'm in the beta for it, the only issue I've had with setting it at 60fps is that the cars in the cinematics may look like they're jerking forward as they move. The gameplay is fine, I couldn't really care less about cinematics.
---
Over 8,000,000 players on Steam at the same time.
PC gaming is the place to be. The only way to play games at their true potential.
#27mrCubePosted 8/26/2014 7:31:55 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
It's not that unusual for a racing game.

What?
Racing games need to be as high of fps as possible.
Consider drag racing counts down to 0.0001 seconds or less IRL. You can't measure that at 30fps.
And to be able to perfectly kiss the apex in a corner needs precise controls with the least amount of input lag as possible. Driving at 30fps is like driving drunk.

I'm pretty sure drag races don't come down to ten thousandths of a second, and even if they did, you can't measure that at any reasonably attainable framerate.
---
---
#28SinisterSlayPosted 8/26/2014 7:54:47 AM(edited)
mrCube posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
It's not that unusual for a racing game.

What?
Racing games need to be as high of fps as possible.
Consider drag racing counts down to 0.0001 seconds or less IRL. You can't measure that at 30fps.
And to be able to perfectly kiss the apex in a corner needs precise controls with the least amount of input lag as possible. Driving at 30fps is like driving drunk.

I'm pretty sure drag races don't come down to ten thousandths of a second, and even if they did, you can't measure that at any reasonably attainable framerate.

We've lost at that timing on reaction time :'(
Cut a 4.9998... f***. Losing by red light is the second worst way to lose. First is by blowing up.
But 60, or 120, or 300fps will get you a lot closer than 30fps will. Obviously we can't get the 10,000 frames per second needed. But in racing, reactions count so having a higher framerate is better.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#29El_KazPosted 8/26/2014 7:49:53 AM(edited)
r7gerrabbit posted...
You can unlock it in an INI file but it's not "officially supported".

Good enough for me... I don't see why it's such a big deal if there's such an easy fix.
---
Wait... what?
#30KidInTheHallPosted 8/26/2014 8:00:10 AM
I unlocked mine last night, I typically got 60 fps though at night it dipped a wee bit to the low 50's.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750