This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Crew confirmed to be locked at 30FPS on PC.

#31stmstrPosted 8/26/2014 7:17:15 AM
I have no problem with this.
#32alonlinePosted 8/26/2014 7:25:41 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

You know, Ubisoft is made up of a ton of smaller studios, right? Development on Far Cry 4 doesn't at all impact development on The Crew.
The Crew is being made by Reflections and Ivory Tower.
Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity are Ubisoft Montreal.
Assassin's Creed Rogue is Ubisoft Sofia.

Plus, a different studio -Ubisoft Kiev- are in charge of the PC porting for Unity and FC4.

Really? I didnt know that. That's a lot of studios. I guess Ubisoft really hate pc gamer huh.
#33WygunPosted 8/26/2014 7:53:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34OreoBoy206Posted 8/26/2014 7:57:38 AM
A Ubisoft rep made the comment below from the TCs link.

alright quick update:
The reason you could alter the FPS in the config file is because our team is actually working on getting 60FPS for PC. The reason why it hasn't been communicated before this is because we didn't want to make a promise we couldn't deliver on.
But read this correctly:

We are aiming at a 60 FPS on PC for the launch of the game and the actual Beta doesn’t represent the final game

So, I hope that helps?
#35KidInTheHallPosted 8/26/2014 8:01:30 AM
See? There ya go, a bunch of panicky fear-mongering for no reason.

Ya'll mother-f***as need to chill.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#36Bazooka_PenguinPosted 8/26/2014 8:05:43 AM
Just stop buying Ubisoft games
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#37SinisterSlayPosted 8/26/2014 8:08:18 AM(edited)
OreoBoy206 posted...
A Ubisoft rep made the comment below from the TCs link.

alright quick update:
The reason you could alter the FPS in the config file is because our team is actually working on getting 60FPS for PC. The reason why it hasn't been communicated before this is because we didn't want to make a promise we couldn't deliver on.
But read this correctly:

We are aiming at a 60 FPS on PC for the launch of the game and the actual Beta doesn’t represent the final game

So, I hope that helps?

Sounds like the rep ran in a panic to their boss and had them change the decision.
A good move, now if they want to keep up with the good moves, they had better quickly get that correction into the public media to calm everyone down before it escalates. And be careful not to give a BS reason. With the PC crowd you should never talk down or dumb down for your audience. Spew all the technical jargon you want. Someone somewhere will understand and translate it. Better to include more details then your audience will understand.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#38pothocketPosted 8/26/2014 8:07:30 AM
It's funny that a rep has to spell it out that beta = beta.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#39DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/26/2014 8:14:44 AM
Who actually "targets 60fps on pc"?
What a joke. It's all a bunch of PR garbage.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#40SinisterSlayPosted 8/26/2014 8:15:31 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Who actually "targets 60fps on pc"?
What a joke. It's all a bunch of PR garbage.

It does make very little sense. A properly coded game should run the same at 5 FPS or 500 FPS.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence