This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Crew confirmed to be locked at 30FPS on PC.

#61nonexistingheroPosted 8/26/2014 10:13:57 AM
Way to go Ubisoft! Just like you stated in your last article, you're giving the PC gamers what they want! 30 FPS FTW!/sarcasm
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#62MannerHatcheryPosted 8/26/2014 10:14:38 AM
"Targeting 60 fps on PC" ? wtf does that even mean?
#63nonexistingheroPosted 8/26/2014 10:17:48 AM
Jason_Hudson posted...
I'm in the beta for it, the only issue I've had with setting it at 60fps is that the cars in the cinematics may look like they're jerking forward as they move. The gameplay is fine, I couldn't really care less about cinematics.

Please, don't act as if Ubisoft has genius masterminds that can lock the cutscenes at 30 fps, while not having a limit for the gameplay. Nope, they most certainly cannot do that at all.
---
#64SinisterSlayPosted 8/26/2014 10:18:31 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
I'm in the beta for it, the only issue I've had with setting it at 60fps is that the cars in the cinematics may look like they're jerking forward as they move. The gameplay is fine, I couldn't really care less about cinematics.

Please, don't act as if Ubisoft has genius masterminds that can lock the cutscenes at 30 fps, while not having a limit for the gameplay. Nope, they most certainly cannot do that at all.

Seriously?
Did they give up on bnk video or something?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#65SubSeenixPosted 8/26/2014 10:20:22 AM
PC gaming isn't worth the extra work

People buying 5$ in Steam Sales isn't really worth the effort compared to Millions of people buying for full price on consoles.

Hence why AssaCreed Unity and Far Cry 4 on PC are outsourced to some randoms in Kiev while the good quality team is doing the console versions.

PC gaming these days is good for Early Access and Indie Games.
Every 10 years CDR will release something like The Witcher 3 which will justify the purchase of a 1000$ SLI Setup which u will only use otherwise for Crypt of the Necrodancer and some NES style looking Indie Games.

This is why Console gets a 500 Million $ Project like Destiny
Console people actually buy games for full price =)
#66nonexistingheroPosted 8/26/2014 10:22:16 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Seriously?
Did they give up on bnk video or something?

I'm being sarcastic because of how stupid the issue is. Obviously Ubisoft can do that, but they don't seem to care.
---
#67pothocketPosted 8/26/2014 10:24:25 AM
SubSeenix posted...
PC gaming isn't worth the extra work

People buying 5$ in Steam Sales isn't really worth the effort compared to Millions of people buying for full price on consoles.

Hence why AssaCreed Unity and Far Cry 4 on PC are outsourced to some randoms in Kiev while the good quality team is doing the console versions.

PC gaming these days is good for Early Access and Indie Games.
Every 10 years CDR will release something like The Witcher 3 which will justify the purchase of a 1000$ SLI Setup which u will only use otherwise for Crypt of the Necrodancer and some NES style looking Indie Games.

This is why Console gets a 500 Million $ Project like Destiny
Console people actually buy games for full price =)

Well at least you're an equal opportunity troll, trolling both console and PC gamers alike. Looks like I'll have to update your tag because it just says "360 troll".
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#68calcyclePosted 8/26/2014 10:36:22 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...

Even during gameplay during the last beta the cars seemed to turn jerkily. It's as if the car animations were still set to 30 fps. It might be fixed in the future but there are still some problems to the benefits that 60 fps give for now
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#69Bossdog421Posted 8/26/2014 10:36:45 AM
IBKNAWTU posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
Ubisoft, lmao.
People that actually buy their games for PC still exist?

Pretty much this. I don't know what made them think this was a good idea. The last Ubisoft game I bought for them was Anno 2070- never again

What was wrong with Anno 2070? I've had zeros issues with that game.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#70KidInTheHallPosted 8/26/2014 10:38:19 AM
^ Same, awesome game with a great soundtrack.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750