This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some second opinions on my build

#1BrandonCaloPosted 8/26/2014 8:57:20 PM
Hey, guys, this is the second time I post this build (albeit with minor differences). I'm looking to buy everything around Black Friday/Cyber Monday in order to save as much as I can, and I'm reposing this now since those days are getting closer and closer. Basically, I want to be able to max out as many games as I can on a single GPU and at a 1920X1080 resolution. I'm pretty confident in the 780 Ti (considering that it seems to be the most powerful card available until the 800 series drops), but I really don't know anything about the CPU, I'm kind of just taking a stab on that one. Right now, everything is under 1500 which is perfect, but if I can cut a few more corners (maybe a cheaper PSU or networking card) I'd be ecstatic. Also, part picker is telling me there's no compatibility issues but I wouldn't mind someone reassuring me that everything will fit in the case, etc. I'll be using my HDTV as a monitor as well, since I already own that.
---
PSN: Brandon-Calo
Steam: brandoncalo
#2BrandonCalo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 8:58:03 PM
Forgot to post the actual build
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TKsGhM
Thanks for any help!
---
#3DAP1MP13Posted 8/26/2014 9:22:16 PM
You can lose the aftermarket HSF, just use the stock HSF…

And the ssd is nice, but not a necessity, windows 8.1 works very well on mechanical platter drives.

Lose the wireless adapter, unless you actually need it.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN/360/Steam ID: DAP1MP13
#4BrandonCalo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 9:29:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I was actually under the impression that I would not get any wi-fi without a wireless card though, is that not true? And should I get rid of the SSD entirely, or just use a cheaper option?
---
#5phantasyPosted 8/26/2014 9:36:39 PM
thats actually a pretty good build. I would just keep everything if you willing to spend $1500. The price of a pci wireless card compare to a usb adapter is pretty much the same. And with you already have bases cover, I don't see why to not go for an ssd unless you want to move up to the i7. Keep the after market heatsink incase you feel you want to tinker with oc'ing.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#6BrandonCalo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 5:43:49 PM
Okay, I guess I'll keep it as is then! Hopefully some deals will pop up during the holiday season.
---
#7ShubPosted 8/27/2014 5:46:29 PM
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone650m
Better PSU, same price.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.