This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does the Zoe Quinn/Kotaku scandal affect your gaming habits in any way?

#1samuraigaidenPosted 8/27/2014 8:13:24 AM
To anyone unaware, the developer of PC indie game Depression Quest has been exposed to having questionable ethics standards when it comes to how she works to promote her games and herself.

I won't go into details because I feel it goes beyond my point. If you want to know more about the story, search it on YouTube as there are many videos around that explain the whole situation.

Anyway, my questions are:

Does this affect your gaming habits in any way?

Are indie developers as a group going to be put under the veil of suspicion after this story?

Are you going to trust reviews of indie games in the future, especially on sites like Kotaku, Destructoid, Polygon, etc.?
---
RESPECT THE DONKEY LORE!
#2Grimlink132Posted 8/27/2014 8:16:44 AM
nope
#3SinisterSlayPosted 8/27/2014 8:17:00 AM
No....
I don't really see the problem with using sex to promote your game. If it's a tool you have, use it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4LazyyAmericanPosted 8/27/2014 8:17:09 AM
I haven't been able to sleep for days because of it
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
#5Renraku_SanPosted 8/27/2014 8:19:59 AM
The reprehensible and shocking acts commited by that harlot have shaken me to the core. My support for indie games as a whole has been destroyed, and I am now a withered husk of a gamer.

idgaf
---
"Free the herb, heal the nation, heal the sick." -Black Uhuru
#6ztype85Posted 8/27/2014 8:21:12 AM
I never trusted gaming sites to begin with. This just cemented it.
#7Richardthe3rdPosted 8/27/2014 8:24:09 AM
Nope.

And god damn that chicks game is awful. Like seriously it's not even a game.

She could be the next madam of Hollywood and it wouldn't help that limp piece of trash.
---
Nintendo: Want me to buy a WiiU?
MAKE A NEW F-ZERO
#8AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/27/2014 8:26:35 AM
Not at all.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzmbWaTCc-E&list=UUQeWZ0ninG-2pzlaenh2ECw

It's not a Zoe Quinn problem, this whole thing is really a gaming journalism problem.
#9Daz_man123Posted 8/27/2014 8:40:04 AM
Ever since the scandal I've have fallen into depression. I barely sleep, eat and have sex with my beautiful supermodel wife. My friends and family, as a result have also fallen in to depression. I can't get the scandal out of my head! Every time I close my eyes I picture Zoe...

My life has never been the same.
#10TropicMoon10Posted 8/27/2014 8:41:45 AM
ztype85 posted...
I never trusted gaming sites to begin with. This just cemented it.

---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg