This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does the Zoe Quinn/Kotaku scandal affect your gaming habits in any way?

#211SoporilBraceletPosted 9/2/2014 9:52:40 AM
I now disregard the sites I visited frequently before. I will very rarely read reviews from now on, but hey, that will probably be better for me in the long run.
---
TU FUI, EGO ERIS.
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#212LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/2/2014 10:45:39 AM
The squirrel who makes weird noises outside my window sometimes has a greater affect on my gaming habits than whoever the people you mentioned are do
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#213Shadow DonPosted 9/2/2014 11:16:15 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
No....
I don't really see the problem with using sex to promote your game. If it's a tool you have, use it.

I cant believe someone actually posted this garbage and people quoted it in agreement.

Conflict of interest is a pretty big deal and at this point it goes way beyond what zoe quinn was personally involved in.

To answer tcs question, no it doesnt really effect my personal gaming habits and i didnt trust those sites to begin with. Her actions and the actions of her supporters have hurt many innocent people, which is what i care about.
#214SinisterSlayPosted 9/2/2014 11:17:34 AM
Shadow Don posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
No....
I don't really see the problem with using sex to promote your game. If it's a tool you have, use it.

I cant believe someone actually posted this garbage and people quoted it in agreement.

Conflict of interest is a pretty big deal and at this point it goes way beyond what zoe quinn was personally involved in.

To answer tcs question, no it doesnt really effect my personal gaming habits and i didnt trust those sites to begin with. Her actions and the actions of her supporters have hurt many innocent people, which is what i care about.

Its a subtle troll post.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#215FenriswolfPosted 9/2/2014 11:27:11 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
I had no interest in Depression Quest.

I stopped reading Kotaku months ago when they had the gall to go on a white knight feminist crusade against George Kamitani's artwork (he is one of the greatest Japanese game artists in the history of the medium).

So, no, their little scandal shows just how disgustingly hypocritical both parties are.

I stopped reading their website back in 2009 when then went full Weeaboo mode
---
Hello
#216BogePosted 9/2/2014 11:31:07 AM
I don't know anything that is going on, and I don't care. I'm above all that.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#217clowningPosted 9/2/2014 11:36:05 AM
No, I don't care. All of this junk is as old as humanity. Who cares.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#218tn5421Posted 9/4/2014 11:11:29 PM
It doesn't affect me in the slightest. I haven't taken video game journalism seriously since I was in high school.
---
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.
#219lindaluvPosted 9/5/2014 1:59:05 PM
tn5421 posted...
It doesn't affect me in the slightest. I haven't taken video game journalism seriously since I was in high school.

---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)
#220Saga3Posted 9/5/2014 2:00:25 PM
No, I always knew gaming journalism was a joke.