This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I simply cant appreciate any games' graphics anymore ever since playing Skyrim

#21DAP1MP13Posted 8/28/2014 9:55:59 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
Pics or gtfo dude, what's the issue? Prntscr->imgur.com->ctrl+v->upload->copy-paste the link here and that's it. 30secs of work.

And PC isn't about being a graphics whore, which console gamers are. They prefer 1080p30fps to 720p60fps, which is the definition of being graphics whore.

Lol wut? PC gamers are definitely graphics whores. I mean sure, we love games like Shovel Knight every now and then, but we also want to max out The Witcher 3....

Maybe you misunderstood. I put graphis whores (including TC) under "pc master race" believers aka idiots.

Of course that I like to see a nice looking game, too, but if the gameplay's crap, no resolution can fix it.

Well yeah, of course.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN/360/Steam ID: DAP1MP13
#22Allmattered(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 10:06:03 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
Yea, I'm lost. I obviously can't google it because my internet is currently down.
I want the screenshots because you're obviously lying can't deliver. You're not on your PC right now? Post them later, thread won't go away.

You're so stupid that I can't help you. PC master race is purely a trolling thing and only idiots take it seriously. Idiots on both sides, consoles and PC.
Of course that everyone will complain about bad ports when he pays $60 for an unoptimized game.
How in the world can a game look better on $400 console than on $1k+ PC?

Sure, your Internet is down yet you can post on this site. And you have to resort to profanities twice in your posts just to get your point across. What are you? 14 years old?
In case you couldn't understand my original post, let me break it down for you like a child would comprehend. I claimed Skyrim on PC looked the best (and for some reason, no one believes this, which I'm assuming most of you have not played Skyrim or simply never modded it right). And then people asked for screenshots, even when they're all sitting right in front of their computers and never bothered googling it. So what difference does my screenshots make? I can link a random screenshot from somewhere and say it's my own and what's the difference exactly? Because I'll have to upload my screenshots just to show it anyway.

jake-sf posted...
Allmattered posted...

Oh so NOW it isnt about graphics. What's with the thousands of dicussions about being the "PC Master Race" then? Or the thousands of complaints on lack of graphical features or shoddy PC ports? Wasnt the recent game WatchDogs a good example of that?

Thats the fake master race talking.

The fact that we actually get better graphics is a plus, sure.

But the PC is better for more important reasons than that.

So what's the real "Master race" exactly? Because all I see are people switching their definitions of it. How about the many posters here who have their PC specs as their signature with the words "master race" tagged alongside it? I could make a poll on a general board asking what people think of this "master race" and 90% would likely reference it as "graphical benefits".

You know what, I'm done here. I just made a simple topic praising Skyrim for PC and suddenly everyone goes hostile about it for no good reason whatsoever. So you people don't support a PC port actually being better than their console counterparts for once? Must I post about Skyrim for consoles and everyone will get all cuddly instead? Gimme a break. I can see why everyone deems this board the worst.
#23TropicMoon10Posted 8/28/2014 10:09:52 AM
So far the new consoles have been doing nothing but catering to graphics whores with their exclusives

Ryse, Shadow Fall, Second Son, and from the looks of it, The Order 1886 and Sunset Overdrive have for the most part been about graphics, graphics, graphics, while offering shallow and repetitive gameplay at sub-standard resolutions and framerate. You think PC is all about graphics?

PC is about choice.You think playing The Witcher 2 at 1080p/30 is good enough? You prefer keyboard and mouse? Wonderful. I'll play at 900p/60 with a controller. Or if I upgrade some parts, I'll up that to 1080p/60 - or even 1080p/120. We all have that ability. The freedom. And of course we can buy consoles for good exclusives as well. That's the real "master race". I do hate using that term though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#24xer2000Posted 8/28/2014 10:11:17 AM
Allmattered posted...
So what's the real "Master race" exactly?

Go home and blog about it
---
To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
#25Dante200XPosted 8/28/2014 10:13:59 AM(edited)
Allmattered posted...
I could make a poll on a general board asking what people think of this "master race" and 90% would likely reference it as "graphical benefits".

Stupid people will be stupid, what's your point?
Allmattered posted...

You know what, I'm done here. I just made a simple topic praising Skyrim for PC and suddenly everyone goes hostile about it for no good reason whatsoever

All this could have been solved by your posting screenshots ever so easily then we could all compare them to other good-looking PC games. But no, that's way too difficult for you.
Allmattered posted...
So you people don't support a PC port actually being better than their console counterparts for once? Must I post about Skyrim for consoles and everyone will get all cuddly instead? Gimme a break. I can see why everyone deems this board the worst.

You just can't seem to read very well. People here look down on those types. Sorry you're caught in the crossfire.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#26WyzeGyePosted 8/28/2014 10:19:10 AM
Fable 3 looks better, plays better as well
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#27DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/28/2014 10:45:03 AM(edited)
The only people who think PC is about teh graffix are console peasants still obsessed with who has teh moar graffix.
Sure, PC has better graphics than console, obviously, but that's not what makes it a better platform. Having convenience and control over your experience is.
A PC is just far more functional and flexible. No waiting for Sony to let you play music through your game system, just download Foobar2000 for free.
Want to play online? Well, unless your ISP is down, it's on the game servers whether you can or not, as apposed to throwing a centralized weakness to the chain that's easy to attack and bring down for everyone playing everything.
Want to play that game you liked back in 1998, but don't have the old system you played it on? Well, if it's a PC game, you can probably just pop it in and play. And, hey, there's probably a dozen overhauls to make it look and play better.(DarkPlaces Quake, Berzerker@Q2, Unreal Engine DX10 driver, FarCry Add On mod, ect ect ect) And maybe you want some new content, too? Just go and grab some fan-made total conversion mods!
If that wasn't enough, you can tune every game's performance to your liking, so even without the best hardware, you still have a good experience. No more dips into the 15-20fps range because the publisher decided TEH GRAFFIX so they could sell the game on screenshots alone.
No more waiting for Sony to tell you it's okay to like 4k, or for Microsoft to let you know that 60fps is a good thing, either. If you're not satisfied with your system, get another. All your games keep working on it.

Consoles still can't even run over 60fps. I mean, back in the late 90s, people were playing Quake at over 100fps on 100+hz displays.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#28AlesandrosPosted 8/28/2014 10:46:03 AM
TC,

I agree 100%.

After playing Skyrim with over 200 mods, 2k textures, lighting overhauls, and a demanding ENB... it spoiled me (graphically of course).
---
i7 4770k, Z87 Sabertooth, gtx 780 SLI, 32Gb RAM @ 1866Mhz, 500Gb 840-EVO, 1TB HDD, Corsair RM1000 & H100i, Cooler Master HAFX II CCW: S&W 629-6 .44 MAG
#29Chaos_MissilePosted 8/28/2014 10:49:47 AM
Allmattered posted...
SpazH3d posted...
So when are you going to post screenshots? I'm waiting for the screens.

Ever heard of google? Youtube? Or just search on hodilton's videos, he gives the best presentations.

And wow, if you people dont even believe this topic, shows how much you've wasted on all the high-end rigs you bought. So none of you tried ENBs? 4K texture packs? Seriously? Amazing.

Thing is, they want a screenshot/vid from YOUR machine, so that it can be fairly judged whether the graphics YOU'RE seeing is as good as you claim or is it just console-level thinking; ie you *think* its beautiful when in reality, it's not.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#30WyzeGyePosted 8/28/2014 11:11:08 AM
Nobody is saying you're wrong TC, we're just saying to put your imgur where your mouth is
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.