This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other devs Pt.2

#121El_KazPosted 8/29/2014 3:27:48 PM(edited)
***aThY posted...
Game Journalist here. [...]

When "the enemy" complains about harassment, doxxing and whatnot, infographics are made, timestamps and account histories are scrutinized and any whiff of foul play is jumped on instantly.

But when an anonymous "game journalist" makes a heavy-handed post (opening with "Game Journalist here", no less!), coincidentally telling you exactly what you want to hear, the reaction is all "woohoo, good job guys, keep going" ?

Please.
---
Wait... what?
#122SoporilBraceletPosted 8/29/2014 3:39:15 PM(edited)
El_Kaz posted...
***aThY posted...
Game Journalist here. [...]

When "the enemy" complains about harassment, doxxing and whatnot, infographics are made, timestamps and account histories are scrutinized and any whiff of foul play is jumped on instantly.

But when an anonymous "game journalist" makes a heavy-handed post (opening with "Game Journalist here", no less!), coincidentally telling you exactly what you want to hear, the reaction is all "woohoo, good job guys, keep going" ?

Please.

I see where you're coming off from.

This guy is just a guy on this forum and someone we won't know anywhere else, now a person we will ever know much about unlike Quinn- it's just an anecdote. Also unlike Quinn, this person does not have any definite proof that they are not trustworthy.

I'd rather trust this guy than Quinn.

edit: Took out "anecdotal evidence" phrase because I realized I did not really know what it meant and used it randomly.
---
TU FUI, EGO ERIS.
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#123GoldninjaPosted 8/29/2014 3:50:07 PM
arleas posted...
If you don't want to talk about it, stay out of the topic. how hard is it to skip a topic you don't want to read about?

If you just can't stand seeing the topic on the board, put the TC on ignore and the whole topic goes bye bye.

If that's not good enough for you because you know that it's still out there, well... there isn't a lot you can do about that. Take a vacation from Gamefaqs. Come back in a month or two when everything has blown over.

Alternately, post in every topic complaining about it and/or make new threads about it to complain because fighting fire with fire actually works sometimes... (.01% of the time?).

Except when half of the front page is plastered with this crap.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#124FaPaThYPosted 8/29/2014 3:58:19 PM
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/505500064606068736

#rekt
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#125thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 3:59:44 PM
Grayson has just been knocked down for the count by Adam Baldwin himself.

Adam Baldwin laying the smackdown.

https://twitter.com/AdamBaldwin/status/505498134298886144

Adam Baldwin: "Don't lie"

Oh my this is getting good, Baldwin isn't taking Grayson's crap.

For context, Grayson made a status on his Facebook or something where he basically said the events of the past two weeks have earned him a bunch of followers he doesn't like, and that he wishes for a neutron star to collapse on those people and everything they love.
---
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2
#126HighOnPhazonPosted 8/29/2014 4:05:00 PM
Nathan Grayson should resign but he has no guts, he's a ******* p****.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#127kblaze13Posted 8/29/2014 4:05:43 PM
I gotta admit I always kinda liked Adam Baldwin from seeing him in interviews and what not, and this whole thing is making me like him more.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#128Felix6464Posted 8/29/2014 4:06:36 PM
samuraigaiden posted...
So nice to see the GameFAQs community coming together in a time of crisis and actually doing something pro-active.

KEEP IT UP!

It isn't just GameFAQS, it's the whole internet. Reddit, 4chan, JonTron, and even Tumblr has teamed up to stop this injustice. It's a thing of beauty to see people who hate each other become brothers for a common cause, even if it's temporary.
---
ElectricMole posted...
Yoshi's wooly world needs a trim or a bikini waxing.
#129arleasPosted 8/29/2014 4:11:54 PM
Goldninja posted...

Half the front page? I counted 4 topics.... So that's 4 people you put on ignore (and if the topic annoys you so much, what is there to lose?)

If more topics sprout up, that's more people you put on ignore. See how simple this is?

Don't cry about it... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#130HighOnPhazonPosted 8/29/2014 4:15:31 PM
Goldninja posted...
arleas posted...
If you don't want to talk about it, stay out of the topic. how hard is it to skip a topic you don't want to read about?

If you just can't stand seeing the topic on the board, put the TC on ignore and the whole topic goes bye bye.

If that's not good enough for you because you know that it's still out there, well... there isn't a lot you can do about that. Take a vacation from Gamefaqs. Come back in a month or two when everything has blown over.

Alternately, post in every topic complaining about it and/or make new threads about it to complain because fighting fire with fire actually works sometimes... (.01% of the time?).

You've complained about it in just about every topic, effectively bumping and keeping those topics relevant and fresh.

Good work dude.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650