This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other devs Pt.2

#261HayYouKnowWhatPosted 8/31/2014 10:55:37 AM(edited)
FaPaThY posted...
Guys, look up Atheism+. They're trying to make 'Gamers' equal to trash, while they push in their new term for gamer. It has to be why 10 articles magically pop up on the same day telling everyone 'Gamers are dead'. Agendas and conspiracies and s***. This is f***ed up.

Also saw this posted, but don't know if it's a troll or a leak or what:

http://i.imgur.com/N9kw2FZ.jpg

If Atheism+ is getting involved you should look up a youtuber named "thunderf00t". Personally I don't care for him. He sometimes comes off as one of those angry aggressive atheist that is not so different then an angry aggressive (insert religion here) person that just rubs me the wrong way. Although he has made several rational and logical videos showing the kinds of problems Atheism+ has done to it's community and to others. If you don't know what Atheism+ is, it is in the most basic simplest way I can explain is this. The SJW movement got involved in the atheist movement and created a new movement called Atheism+. Don't quote me on that though, I'm no authority. Hopefully someone more informed can do a better job explaining.

He has also made, again several logical and rational videos on Anita Sarkeesian, about how hypocritical she is and how it can actually damage feminism.

Here are the Sarkeesian vids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJeX6F-Q63I&list=UUmb8hO2ilV9vRa8cilis88A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGAvjwQPCHE&list=UUmb8hO2ilV9vRa8cilis88A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_O1R7Zq9EI&list=UUmb8hO2ilV9vRa8cilis88A

He's got more vids that you all may find relevant to this discussion so have a look around his channel.
#262UtterMoonPosted 8/31/2014 10:24:18 AM
Yeah...having 10 articles posted on the same day about the same "gamers are dead, sexists and angry virgins" nonsense...is telling...

While I find the idea of "games journalists" laughable at best...its clear that these people do hold a large sway over many gamers and that their words/ideas articles and reviews influence sales. There are some serious problems that need to be addressed. Most game "journalists" are lazy, corrupt and they don't investigate anything...they are not doing interviews, they are not doing their homework and unless there is some serious housecleaning...it wont change.

The best thing to do here is to stop visiting their sites...don't go to Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun or Polygon...even Forbes is in question now. I for one am glad that the Internet Aristocrat has brought this all to light, and he has done a masterful job doing so..
#263YombieePosted 8/31/2014 10:50:41 AM
Actually, the best thing to do would be to talk about it across as many platforms and sites as you can.

Reducing the amount of exposure to this topic only helps to facilitate what they're trying to accomplish but only faster. At this point, it's ignoring the problem that has caused this situation to blossom into fruition in the very first place!

What is truly surprising is that this "gamer" population of the internet is starting to only now realize that they are not the vocal minorities. Even the message from the recent Lizard squad debacle resonated this with references to being a VERY small number of individuals with a set goal and determination and causing tremendous uproars that reached across all nations and media platforms. That was what their message was about, the whole backing up ISIS and etc was blown out of proportion and spun to a whole different level, much like the recent swatting incident calling a 15 year old pranker, a domestic terrorist, instantly portraying him in the same light as lanza, aurora, colombine, taliban, isis, and beyond...

The worst thing to do in this circumstance would be to sit idly by and do nothing. At least call out liars and the misinformed on doing so.
#264SoporilBraceletPosted 8/31/2014 11:07:04 AM
I've watched the Internet Aristocrat video and it has greatly lifted my spirits.

Also, if someone pro-Quinn ever sees this, I have a message for you:

You're supporting someone that closes down game jams that give women a chance to get a game developed and released, which they cannot do otherwise. You're supporting someone that complains about lack of female game developers, and yet is notorious for keeping some women from having a game they've come up with the idea of. All in the name of "feminism" and "equality".
---
TU FUI, EGO ERIS.
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#265HayYouKnowWhatPosted 8/31/2014 11:08:01 AM
Yombiee posted...
Actually, the best thing to do would be to talk about it across as many platforms and sites as you can.

Reducing the amount of exposure to this topic only helps to facilitate what they're trying to accomplish but only faster. At this point, it's ignoring the problem that has caused this situation to blossom into fruition in the very first place!

What is truly surprising is that this "gamer" population of the internet is starting to only now realize that they are not the vocal minorities. Even the message from the recent Lizard squad debacle resonated this with references to being a VERY small number of individuals with a set goal and determination and causing tremendous uproars that reached across all nations and media platforms. That was what their message was about, the whole backing up ISIS and etc was blown out of proportion and spun to a whole different level, much like the recent swatting incident calling a 15 year old pranker, a domestic terrorist, instantly portraying him in the same light as lanza, aurora, colombine, taliban, isis, and beyond...

The worst thing to do in this circumstance would be to sit idly by and do nothing. At least call out liars and the misinformed on doing so.

I thought that swatting article was a hoax. In fact I'm sure it was. Well that recent one anyway.

Original article.
http://nationalreport.net/15-year-old-swatted-domestic-terrorism/

Counter article.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/924330-swatting-hoax-15-year-old-swatted-gamer-convicted-of-domestic-terrorism-25-years-to-life-in-prison-is-fake-paul-horner-not-real/

The "National Report" is a satirical news site by the way.
#266YombieePosted 8/31/2014 11:10:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#267YombieePosted 8/31/2014 11:15:13 AM
Actually, google "n0thing" got swatted live on twitch while playing CS:GO." and you find Several people got swatted during the last few days.

From Kootra to n0thing, man, that sure must have made local news, I wonder if they live in large cities or anything where that sort of thing could sway local public opinions about gamers?

Funny timing that the national report seems to cash in on this recent trend adding the the muddying up of the waters, and instantly invalidating any vague reference to "swatting gamers".

Good thing I cleared that up, otherwise most people would have led to believe that all recent references to swatting gamers refers solely to the false story.
#268thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 11:27:34 AM
Tucker_BA posted...
New video is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3DZQp0StE

RJWalker243 posted...
InternetAristocrat's latest video was amazing.

I do concur. He really took it to them and I anticipate this won't even be the last video InternetAristocrat does on the situation. Even in that video there's a lot more he could have brought up if he wanted to and there's a crapton of lol worthy screencaps from Twitter out there too. There's also the screencaps of Nathan Grayson whining about everything on Facebook like he's some kind of innocent victim in all of this, like he has some semblance of journalistic integrity at all which makes me laugh.

I really enjoyed how Aristocrat referenced Adam Baldwin's involvement too. "These people are salty cus they found out the hard way they can't push Adam Baldwin around and are really mad about it." Hahahaha, yep I think 'salty' is a great way to describe it.

Later today I'm thinking about emailing Amazon and Best Buy about all this and the advertising they do on these gaming sites. I've done business with them in the past but I want to let them know if they continue to associate as advertising partners with sites like Kotaku and that other plethora of sites that put up those 'gamer hate' articles, then I will be done supporting their business/company. Thinking today about what I'm going to put down in my email so it's well thought out, concise, and to the point.
---
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2
#269NotQuiteAFreakPosted 8/31/2014 12:03:24 PM
Hey did JonTron ever do that LiveStream?
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#270HayYouKnowWhatPosted 8/31/2014 12:18:20 PM(edited)
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
Hey did JonTron ever do that LiveStream?

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7i0z2Zi7U&list=UUSvQyDawUyfXzrSq4dTVraQ