This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other devs Pt.2

#31That1GuyyPosted 8/28/2014 8:00:15 PM
I think a major reason to care about this is that reviewers do affect the industry. Remember that Obsidian missed out on their performance bonuses because Fallout: New Vegas got one point less on Metacritic than Bethesda demanded. The fact that people even care about professional game reviewers to the point of developers getting shafted on income is mind boggling. Their opinions are utterly worthless. They're just random nobodies on the internet that play games for an hour or two before writing a couple paragraphs on that hour of gameplay. Their opinions shouldn't have any weight at all.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#32kblaze13Posted 8/28/2014 8:03:23 PM
TB is right, and yet I find it funny that kotaku released an article stating "gamers are dead"...

really? really? are the people at kotaku really that f****** stupid?

are they that blinded by their agenda they don't even realize that saying a blanket statement like that which I might add is a complete abandoning of logic or discussion and flat out hostile will only serve to further fan the flames of distrust towards them.

I get it's clearly a deflection topic but it raises one legitimate question.

If "gamers are dead", then why do they not shutdown and leave the industry?

one answer would be because they don't believe it and are just trying to further push their agenda down our throats.

another answer would be they are nothing more then what people have been saying for years...non gamers who jumped onto a bandwagon for easy money and now that they have be outed as such are trying to play victim much like the others.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#33thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 8:06:58 PM
That1Guyy posted...
I think a major reason to care about this is that reviewers do affect the industry. Remember that Obsidian missed out on their performance bonuses because Fallout: New Vegas got one point less on Metacritic than Bethesda demanded. The fact that people even care about professional game reviewers to the point of developers getting shafted on income is mind boggling. Their opinions are utterly worthless. They're just random nobodies on the internet that play games for an hour or two before writing a couple paragraphs on that hour of gameplay. Their opinions shouldn't have any weight at all.

You make a good point, a lot of people don't seem to care because the cause of all this was because Zoe cheated on her boyfriend. The issue is this, that really ceased to matter to anyone after the first day or two after the info came out. What became really concerning is everything that has gone on and been revealed after that. The people who say they don't care are only looking on the surface rather than seeing how this does in fact effect how games are covered and how the gaming media has tried to deflect all the criticism and censor everything, some outlets simply didn't want to talk about it at all which is telling.
---
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2
#34thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 8:10:37 PM
kblaze13 posted...
TB is right, and yet I find it funny that kotaku released an article stating "gamers are dead"...

really? really? are the people at kotaku really that f****** stupid?

are they that blinded by their agenda they don't even realize that saying a blanket statement like that which I might add is a complete abandoning of logic or discussion and flat out hostile will only serve to further fan the flames of distrust towards them.

I get it's clearly a deflection topic but it raises one legitimate question.

If "gamers are dead", then why do they not shutdown and leave the industry?

one answer would be because they don't believe it and are just trying to further push their agenda down our throats.

another answer would be they are nothing more then what people have been saying for years...non gamers who jumped onto a bandwagon for easy money and now that they have be outed as such are trying to play victim much like the others.

We've also got people like this to deal with who have the completely wrong idea about gamers.

http://i.imgur.com/hNz8dUc.png

Just proves how unprofessional some people can be, that's really appalling.
---
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2
#35kblaze13Posted 8/28/2014 8:29:11 PM(edited)
too be fair lovebat, unless people are gamers they generally have the wrong idea about them. The problem lies in the fact that with the internet becoming some widespread literally anyone can claim to belong to a group without actually partaking in said things that make them actually a part of it.

The 70's had it's "d&d geeks", that were "devil worshipers" which for the most part are still big names in gaming today and while they may or not be with us still are acknowledged for their contributions still.

in the 80's nobody called us gamers we were "cyberpunks" and considered "socially inept" with no imagination or skills to survive in the future.

In the 90's it was "game playing loners" and we were now "violent individuals" and the cause of horribly violent acts like school shootings, and committing crimes.

In the 2000s after the industry grew to be so large it couldn't be just ignored as a "small thing" we became "gamers" yet we still get blamed for just about everything that can go wrong if there isn't a focal point for it somewhere else.

in the 10's we're being labeled as "misogynists" and "unable to understand the pains people go through when being labeled and attacked".

so over the years we've been called these things and ostracized, hated, and blamed for things we have no control over, and now these same people are now our "journalists" and doing it all over again, not all of them mind you there are those out there that are not this way just the most vocal ones seem to be.

so in short for the past 40 years we've been labeled and blamed for being

devil worshipers
violent mass murderers
sexist pigs that hate women
socially inept idiots

Yet in the end we have been the ones labeled, blamed, and harassed repeatedly over 40 years...and people wonder why we're so tired of it?
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#36good_mangorushPosted 8/28/2014 8:31:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7nu65MonM

lol
---
Corruption of Gaming Journalism? Check this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M
#37merqabahPosted 8/28/2014 8:42:12 PM
white middle class young hipsters who live in a first world country and profit from wriiting whatever they want on the internet, complain about opression,,,,,,,,,,,,Tonight on THE TWILIGHT ZONE.
---
PSA: Their/there/they're are not the same, nor then/than and should of does not exist it's should have
#38FaPaThYPosted 8/28/2014 10:02:52 PM(edited)
More cracks: http://i.imgur.com/z5RIRyM.png

Managing editor @gameranx. As seen on @Polygon, @Dtoid, and elsewhere.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#39Felix6464Posted 8/28/2014 9:40:57 PM
kblaze13 posted...
too be fair lovebat, unless people are gamers they generally have the wrong idea about them. The problem lies in the fact that with the internet becoming some widespread literally anyone can claim to belong to a group without actually partaking in said things that make them actually a part of it.

The 70's had it's "d&d geeks", that were "devil worshipers" which for the most part are still big names in gaming today and while they may or not be with us still are acknowledged for their contributions still.

in the 80's nobody called us gamers we were "cyberpunks" and considered "socially inept" with no imagination or skills to survive in the future.

In the 90's it was "game playing loners" and we were now "violent individuals" and the cause of horribly violent acts like school shootings, and committing crimes.

In the 2000s after the industry grew to be so large it couldn't be just ignored as a "small thing" we became "gamers" yet we still get blamed for just about everything that can go wrong if there isn't a focal point for it somewhere else.

in the 10's we're being labeled as "misogynists" and "unable to understand the pains people go through when being labeled and attacked".

so over the years we've been called these things and ostracized, hated, and blamed for things we have no control over, and now these same people are now our "journalists" and doing it all over again, not all of them mind you there are those out there that are not this way just the most vocal ones seem to be.

so in short for the past 40 years we've been labeled and blamed for being

devil worshipers
violent mass murderers
sexist pigs that hate women
socially inept idiots

Yet in the end we have been the ones labeled, blamed, and harassed repeatedly over 40 years...and people wonder why we're so tired of it?

You make a great point. Still, if we do overthrow Zoe and her SJW toadies, I wonder what they'll call gamers afterwards? You think they'll go back to calling us murderers?
---
ElectricMole posted...
Yoshi's wooly world needs a trim or a bikini waxing.
#40kblaze13Posted 8/28/2014 9:53:18 PM
Felix6464 posted...
You make a great point. Still, if we do overthrow Zoe and her SJW toadies, I wonder what they'll call gamers afterwards? You think they'll go back to calling us murderers?

honestly who knows, I just want the focus to return to games and not agendas.

Take that crap to political venues where it belongs and let the gamers focus on games. Yet sadly we have to do things like take a stand and "throw people out" of the industry in order to do that.

It makes one wonder, what exactly are their qualifications for being gaming journalists in the first place.

Are they gamers or just recent additions when it became mainstream?

Are they journalists that couldn't break into mainstream media and so focused on a smaller medium?

I understand that gaming is still fairly new...at least to the mainstream crowd...so these things probably have nothing to abide by.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.