This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other devs Pt.2

#81snesmaster40Posted 8/29/2014 10:13:48 AM
jammymacster posted...
snesmaster40 posted...
http://imgur.com/9HZ3I6D

What the ****?
I think that's the most bizarre backwards comment I've seen during this whole thing.

Yep. Just shows how desperate they are to make JonTron look bad while not even using any logic.
---
Are we not men?
#82CaptainBaschPosted 8/29/2014 10:14:00 AM
Goldninja posted...
gigoran posted...
We are waiting for those responsible for this abortion they call... journalism... to be held accountable and punished.

It hasn't already, why would it now? This stuff isn't new. Just ask the guy that got fired from Gamespot for giving a crap game a crap score.

it was the thing that initially exposed her wrong doing and the unprofessionalism of Kotaku.

The unprofessionalism of Kotaku had been exposed long before this incident.

The thing is, we all know that stuff like this happens, but it's very rare that we get evidence of it, so when we do get evidence, we really have to act on it. And all the people involved in this have left behind a *lot* of evidence.

It's ridiculous to think that pushing this story will stop *all* corruption and unprofessionalism in gaming journalism, but if we can cause the people involved to feel some sort of consequence for their actions, it will deter other people from falling into corruption, and maybe games journalism will a bit less shady because of it.
---
"Without Mona's help, I'd be a dead man. Suddenly, for the first time in I don't know how long, I realized, I didn't wish to be dead."
~Max Payne
#83gigoranPosted 8/29/2014 10:14:45 AM
DarkZV2Beta... bro... you did read what I said, right? Pm the creator of the topic if you must, but the rest of us are not here because of her ramped sexual encounters. We are here for the reasons I stated. So it's a waste to ask me (or most others) that question when we are not the ones stating that.
---
Cal Naughton, Jr.: Shake and bake!
Ricky Bobby: What does that do? Does that blow your mind? That just happened!
#84CaptainBaschPosted 8/29/2014 10:21:47 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
gigoran posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I understand sleeping with the press or (relative)authority figures, but the topic clearly says other developers as though that's somehow bad.
Not really seeing what's wrong with developers sleeping with other developers.

well the sleeping with the boss was a way to get ahead... literally.

But this is beyond that. This isn't about her infidelity. Sure there are trolls focusing on that, but we are NOT. The intelligent out there are fighting for justice. We are waiting for those responsible for this abortion they call... journalism... to be held accountable and punished. The only relation her sexual life has with this is 1: the guy she was sleeping with was in a position to promote her and did so, and 2: it was the thing that initially exposed her wrong doing and the unprofessionalism of Kotaku.

But that still doesn't explain what's wrong with sleeping with other developers...

CaptainBasch posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I understand sleeping with the press or (relative)authority figures, but the topic clearly says other developers as though that's somehow bad.
Not really seeing what's wrong with developers sleeping with other developers.

Tbh, I'm not too sure either... I don't remember it being brought up too much.

I'd like to know too.

Don't believe Ondore's lies!

Lol :-P there's actually a video of someone cosplaying Vaan and running through a city saying that to random people.

But, on topic. I don't think that people are too bothered by devs being in relationships with other devs, the TC just stated it because it happened. Your question was pretty valid.

Because of the way you phrased your original question, you sounded a lot like one of the trolls who come and claim that we're just slut-shaming. This is why I implore people to slow down before calling people trolls.
---
"Without Mona's help, I'd be a dead man. Suddenly, for the first time in I don't know how long, I realized, I didn't wish to be dead."
~Max Payne
#85kq2076Posted 8/29/2014 10:18:25 AM
Can we get a troll alarm installed? Seriously, at least try a little subtlety.
---
Hookers and Ice Cream aren't free.
Stolen-Pixels-12-The-Economics-Lesson
#86gigoranPosted 8/29/2014 10:20:49 AM
kq2076 posted...

One that goes "we wa we wa we wa" or "ruuuuuuuuuuu.....ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"?
---
#87CaptainBaschPosted 8/29/2014 10:27:32 AM
gigoran posted...
kq2076 posted...

Seriously, I don't think he's trolling. He knows why it's bad that devs can be in relationships with journalists, and I think he know's that her cheating is not the emphasis, but he's asking why TC felt it necessary to mention in the Topic Title that Zoe was in bed with a dev when the journalists are the ones relevant to the story. Which seems like a valid question.
---
~Max Payne
#88gigoranPosted 8/29/2014 10:30:49 AM
CaptainBasch posted...
gigoran posted...
kq2076 posted...

Seriously, I don't think he's trolling. He knows why it's bad that devs can be in relationships with journalists, and I think he know's that her cheating is not the emphasis, but he's asking why TC felt it necessary to mention in the Topic Title that Zoe was in bed with a dev when the journalists are the ones relevant to the story. Which seems like a valid question.

Of course.

Now, the first one is like a European police siren. The second is more America.
jokes jokes bro
---
#89SoporilBraceletPosted 8/29/2014 11:01:03 AM
CaptainBasch posted...
gigoran posted...
kq2076 posted...

One could say that was because the fifth full thread on the topic had the same title, but the question would still stand. I'd presume it is because that is what kicked off this whole incident.
---
TU FUI, EGO ERIS.
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#90kq2076Posted 8/29/2014 11:02:42 AM
SoporilBracelet posted...
CaptainBasch posted...
gigoran posted...
kq2076 posted...

One could say that was because the fifth full thread on the topic had the same title, but the question would still stand. I'd presume it is because that is what kicked off this whole incident.

I was speaking about the PokerKid a few posts up. Didn't want to give him the satisfaction of a quote.
---
Hookers and Ice Cream aren't free.
Stolen-Pixels-12-The-Economics-Lesson