This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other devs Pt.2

#91DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/29/2014 10:10:48 AM
gigoran posted...
DarkZV2Beta... bro... you did read what I said, right? Pm the creator of the topic if you must, but the rest of us are not here because of her ramped sexual encounters. We are here for the reasons I stated. So it's a waste to ask me (or most others) that question when we are not the ones stating that.

Or I could post in this topic until the question is answered.

Lol :-P there's actually a video of someone cosplaying Vaan and running through a city saying that to random people.

Mega 64. They do that kinda stuff a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSyfGm6wXgs
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#92Video_Game_CzarPosted 8/29/2014 10:16:32 AM
If people needed anymore proof out how screwed up things are they need not look any further then the 10+ stories up about how "gamer"/"gamers" are "dead". It's painfully clear we've hit a nerve. I enjoy reading this nonsense. I love this imaginary world these people live in...Without gamers...There's no gaming...Thus, You wouldn't have a goddamn job, Buddy.

What? Every developer is just going to start doing crappy games like King? Pet Witch Candy Sega 15? You'd see these guys off themselves then make junk like that. I'm guessing they're trying to scare us from talking about this anymore? Simple fact is, Gaming is a business and business is damn good. Developers aren't going to stop making games for people like me or you because we hurt some twig boy's feelings.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l Steam: VideoGameCzar l FC: 0146-9981-6140 I
#93CaptainBaschPosted 8/29/2014 10:51:34 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
gigoran posted...
DarkZV2Beta... bro... you did read what I said, right? Pm the creator of the topic if you must, but the rest of us are not here because of her ramped sexual encounters. We are here for the reasons I stated. So it's a waste to ask me (or most others) that question when we are not the ones stating that.

Or I could post in this topic until the question is answered.

Lol :-P there's actually a video of someone cosplaying Vaan and running through a city saying that to random people.

Mega 64. They do that kinda stuff a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSyfGm6wXgs

Ok, I can't speak for everyone here, but I'll try to answer.

Devs sleeping with other devs doesn't really matter. The fact that some of the people she slept with were devs really wasn't brought up at all. The TC of the last topic just wrote that as the title because it happened. I don't think he was really condeming it.
---
"Without Mona's help, I'd be a dead man. Suddenly, for the first time in I don't know how long, I realized, I didn't wish to be dead."
~Max Payne
#94Felix6464Posted 8/29/2014 10:52:15 AM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
If people needed anymore proof out how screwed up things are they need not look any further then the 10+ stories up about how "gamer"/"gamers" are "dead". It's painfully clear we've hit a nerve. I enjoy reading this nonsense. I love this imaginary world these people live in...Without gamers...There's no gaming...Thus, You wouldn't have a goddamn job, Buddy.

What? Every developer is just going to start doing crappy games like King? Pet Witch Candy Sega 15? You'd see these guys off themselves then make junk like that. I'm guessing they're trying to scare us from talking about this anymore? Simple fact is, Gaming is a business and business is damn good. Developers aren't going to stop making games for people like me or you because we hurt some twig boy's feelings.

Pretty much. It's clear that they're scared now because they realized gamers are a lot less complacent as originally assumed. Gone are the days where gamers can be called murderers and anti-social virgins. They realized they can't get away with all the shady deals in the background without another outrage with more consequences. Now they're lashing out against the audience they're supposed to write for.

Although the comments of almost all of them are sickening. It's either lapdogs kissing their butts to Timbuktu despite heaping amounts of evidence, or the writer outright stating they're going to censor any and all negative opinions.
---
ElectricMole posted...
Yoshi's wooly world needs a trim or a bikini waxing.
#95AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/29/2014 11:38:47 AM
This is seriously, what, the fifth or sixth topic made here on this pustule of a story?

The sanctity of this place has been fouled.
#96arleasPosted 8/29/2014 11:48:28 AM
If you don't want to talk about it, stay out of the topic. how hard is it to skip a topic you don't want to read about?

If you just can't stand seeing the topic on the board, put the TC on ignore and the whole topic goes bye bye.

If that's not good enough for you because you know that it's still out there, well... there isn't a lot you can do about that. Take a vacation from Gamefaqs. Come back in a month or two when everything has blown over.

Alternately, post in every topic complaining about it and/or make new threads about it to complain because fighting fire with fire actually works sometimes... (.01% of the time?).
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#97AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/29/2014 12:01:02 PM
Loud and clear. Continue to ***** and moan about a person's personal life, as well as industry implications that probably won't ever affect you personally, until you're blue in the face. Have fun.
#98RosencroitzPosted 8/29/2014 12:12:44 PM
AlexTheNextOne posted...
This is seriously, what, the fifth or sixth topic made here on this pustule of a story?

The sanctity of this place has been fouled.

The fact that you thought any part of GameFAQs was sacrosanct shows how intelligent you are.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#99Red_JesterPosted 8/29/2014 12:24:38 PM(edited)
AlexTheNextOne posted...
Loud and clear. Continue to ***** and moan about a person's personal life, as well as industry implications that probably won't ever affect you personally, until you're blue in the face. Have fun.

That goes for literally every single gaming related news story that doesn't involve a game that will wind up in our hands. Also, most of the people who keep repeating this "stay out of someone's personal life" tend to also have comment histories or if they're journalists, articles that show them VERY involved in news stories about someones personal life. (I'm not pointing at you here)

That said, what do you think about the indie developer who came out on Twitter that he was sexually harassed by her at Phil Fish's wedding and was immediately dog piled into submission by the industry into shutting up. People confirmed he was at that wedding and none of them refuted what he said, only told him to shut up and neither did he take back what he said, only apologized for saying it.

THAT is a news story that would be ALL OVER the gaming press if they weren't protecting a personal friend, yet that also is technically about someones "personal life." Could you even begin to imagine the ramifications of that allegation and the bullying by others in the industry to silence them that is clearly visible for all on Twitter to see? (And God knows what happened behind the scenes) However, that would actually require reporting on it. (And they've thrown people under the bus for much less if it allows them to make a misogyny article)
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#100Tucker_BAPosted 8/29/2014 12:31:04 PM
I will never understand why Zoe has a protected wikipedia page while other indie devs who have made more recognizable games don't get s***.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM