This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SJW are begging to black out steam access for 1 hour.

#251OdttPosted 8/29/2014 4:14:02 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
..This pro-feminism and pro-racial diversity thing in games is getting WAY out of hand.

Just let the developers make whatever kind of game they want, stop trying to force them to ensure equal representation of women and racial diversity in their games.

Because having more diversity and representation in games will totally ruin them. Man, those games would really suck.
#252kblaze13Posted 8/29/2014 4:15:58 PM
Odtt posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...
..This pro-feminism and pro-racial diversity thing in games is getting WAY out of hand.

Just let the developers make whatever kind of game they want, stop trying to force them to ensure equal representation of women and racial diversity in their games.

Because having more diversity and representation in games will totally ruin them. Man, those games would really suck.

If it's forced how is it a good thing?

if you let the developer make the game they set out to make without influence from people who don't know as much about being a developer then isn't the game better in the end?
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#253OdttPosted 8/29/2014 4:17:51 PM
rockman202 posted...
A more accurate comparison would be nude female breasts and nude male breasts. I will guarantee you that a hell of a lot more male chests are shown bare then female chests in video games.

Or you can go with male genitalia and female genitalia which would both be equally rare in video games, but I would still be willing to bet that more male genitalia is shown still.

That's a horrible comparison. Female breasts are sexualized, while male breasts are not, so no, it is not the same.
#254NovaFlame112Posted 8/29/2014 4:18:07 PM
I hope Valve does give in to their demands just so it's shown how petty some of these SJW's can be. A nice little sarcastic message to inform everybody of the hour long blackout would do nicely.
#255cm2xPosted 8/29/2014 4:19:08 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...

? I don't see where game devs are "force" to use them. Sometimes games devs are questionned about that. But it's just questions, they do what they want ( And "White man" still win for Maketing sale for NA)

Only place it should be "force" is for Created Character, and it's normal xD ( I HATE when i can't do my skin in a game ( Dark souls Brown = Dark Red :( )
#256OdttPosted 8/29/2014 4:19:22 PM
kblaze13 posted...
Odtt posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...

if you let the developer make the game they set out to make without influence from people who don't know as much about being a developer then isn't the game better in the end?

Again, no one is forcing anyone to do anything. We are being critical of elements that keep being repeated in games time after time. How is expanding diversity going to negatively affect the gameplay experience?
#257Hi CPosted 8/29/2014 4:20:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#258cm2xPosted 8/29/2014 4:21:09 PM
Odtt posted...
kblaze13 posted...
Odtt posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...

Again, no one is forcing anyone to do anything. We are being critical of elements that keep being repeated in games time after time. How is expanding diversity going to negatively affect the gameplay experience?

Exactly what i wanted to say, but in better english :P
#259OdttPosted 8/29/2014 4:23:06 PM
Hi C posted...
Anyone who exploits sex, race, semetism, or children to further their own personal agenda should be executed.

Two faced manipulators like Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian are not 'feminists", nor do they care about other women, they are are criminals hiding behind their sex and using it to manipulate a favorable outcome for themselves. It's like Israel killing 1000 Palastinian children just to take out 10 Hamas "terrorists" and then saying "well it was worth it, we are entitled to defend ourselves, if you disagree you are anti semetic lol".

Did you just compare being critical of the way that women are portrayed in most games to the mass killing of thousands of innocents?
#260HighOnPhazonPosted 8/29/2014 4:25:49 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
..This pro-feminism and pro-racial diversity thing in society is getting WAY out of hand.

FTFY
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650