This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SJW are begging to black out steam access for 1 hour.

#271OdttPosted 8/29/2014 3:59:51 PM(edited)
Payne318 posted...
Odtt, people are drinking "Keep exclusive to us (whatever us is)" kool aid today. ANTI-SJW listen to a Bob Dylan song "the time's they are a changing"

That's what bothers me. People keep arguing against diversity using the "you don't get to dictate what devs put in their games" and "but that would take more resources" as if women and racially diverse people were rare unicorns that didn't exist outside your doorstep or inside your house, and more importantly, as if you had to give women "special writing" and give them stereotypical feminine qualities (giving men and women stereotypical masculine/feminine qualities respectively outside of satire is just plain bad writing, oh but I forgot about boob jiggle physics, those are really important :/). Only being able to write for one group of people shows bad writing, and for the millionth time, you cannot understand the importance of representation when you are already being represented in the majority of games. Not wanting that for others is selfish and immature.
#272Black GoldPosted 8/29/2014 4:01:57 PM
Jesus, people, who pissed in everyone's cereal this morning?
---
We believe, so we're misled / We assume, so we're played
We confide, so we're deceived / We trust, so we're betrayed
#273Payne318Posted 8/29/2014 4:04:02 PM
Instead of attacking Anita the person, we should go after her VIEW POINTS. In a CALM and RATIONAL way. She is not right about everything she has stated, but she does HAVE SOME valid points. The fear we seem to all have (an I hope we can all agree on) is this is a coming tide of censorship, I DONT WANT THAT, and I like to hope that most don't as well. Gaming is a medium, sometimes things will stir up the hornets nest. Don't attack the nest with a stick, you just make it worse. Instead, be willing to have an actual discussion, this is why commentators like Jim Sterling, Adam Sessler, and etc are waiting to speak out THEY ALREADY BEING ATTACKED. I am sry but their are quite a few things the game industry does that is misogynistic. I would rather the game industry regulate themselves then to have some stupid politicians come in and force them to do it. Don't attack people for disagreeing, bring up valid well thought out points, it's only way TO DEAL WITH EXTREME PEOPLE.
---
"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos"-Stephen Sondheim
#274MewonePosted 8/29/2014 4:07:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#275Payne318Posted 8/29/2014 4:11:16 PM
Odtt posted...
Payne318 posted...
Odtt, people are drinking "Keep exclusive to us (whatever us is)" kool aid today. ANTI-SJW listen to a Bob Dylan song "the time's they are a changing"

That's what bothers me. People keep arguing against diversity using the "you don't get to dictate what devs put in their games" and "but that would take more resources" as if women and racially diverse people were rare unicorns that didn't exist outside your doorstep or inside your house, and more importantly, as if you had to give women "special writing" and give them stereotypical feminine qualities (giving men and women stereotypical masculine/feminine qualities respectively outside of satire is just plain bad writing, oh but I forgot about boob jiggle physics, those are really important :/). Only being able to write for one group of people shows bad writing, and for the millionth time, you cannot understand the importance of representation when you are already being represented in the majority of games. Not wanting that for others is selfish and immature.

Yep. That is the start of the problem, certain groups of people feel they are taking are precious "boob" games away. NO THEY ARE NOT, however if you go after people with stick, expect them to return with a stick and millions of others with the sticks. To the one's that say Anita is a slut and all that, you are MAKING IT WORSE, YOU WILL CAUSE THE CENSORSHIP TO HAPPEN. In fact if it was not for all the stuff that some type of "gamers" are doing Anita would just be another talking head but because of these disgusting people she is now a hero. "you took the bait mate" \o/
---
"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos"-Stephen Sondheim
#276cm2xPosted 8/29/2014 4:16:57 PM
BTW why Anita is now in that ? Her video series is not news.

She talked or twitted about the Quinn things?
#277MewonePosted 8/29/2014 4:19:28 PM
cm2x posted...

Careful, you'll get modded by some uptight mod for speaking the truth about how Anita is a scammer.
---
IndieGamers.com :: Indie / Tabletop / Abandonware
#278NecronomniconPosted 8/29/2014 4:22:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#279cm2xPosted 8/29/2014 4:22:31 PM
Mewone posted...
cm2x posted...

Careful, you'll get modded by some uptight mod for speaking the truth about how Anita is a scammer.

? What, i want to know why people talk about her now ? Her youtube channel is old and nothing news there ? And it's not "news" too, it editorial.
#280cm2xPosted 8/29/2014 4:26:32 PM
Omg... Poster up me is a freak... These "anti-feminist" are so angry it's scary...

Why they act like women have the power now ? They don't even have it.