This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SJW are begging to black out steam access for 1 hour.

#281NecronomniconPosted 8/29/2014 5:30:34 PM
that woman needs to stop trying to touch our vidjya games, and envying our e-peens. she should close her mouth, and go make me a sandwich.

inb4 ban
#282Ertrick36Posted 8/29/2014 5:44:28 PM
Payne318 posted...
Instead of attacking Anita the person, we should go after her VIEW POINTS. In a CALM and RATIONAL way...

No. I think the only way we'll debunk any of her theories is by using some good, ol' fashioned ad hominem; after all, it's all about how she might be a middle-aged unmarried woman who's bitter because she can't find love (because she's a lesbian, and lesbians are icky and aren't allowed to marry), and that possibility therefore makes all of her points invalid.

What, did you think that there'd actually be some rationality here? That's like expecting to get cake at a funeral. This is a public, anonymous soapbox; if you've got an opinion, you can fire away without a care in the world. It's why there are so many malcontents with sticks up their behinds here who just mouth off some sexist crap or issue death/rape threats when there really is no cause for either (not like there ever is anyway). And they'll try to grab people with any sense of rationality and beat them with such sheer stupidity, your head might actually start to throb.

'Tis the way of the internet, the only place you'll find people making threats against others for having opinions. Doesn't it sound like a great place to be?
---
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>
#283Ticking_DeathPosted 8/29/2014 5:50:15 PM(edited)
These SJWs in a nutshell: "I don't like that thing you like, so you're a **** and that thing should be banned. Frankly, you're a disgusting excuse for a person for liking it, and I hope you die." "What, you don't like me attacking you and your way of life? You're a misogynist! You're a racist! *insert strawman/ad hominem here*"

If I was a man and were to go on a website and randomly proclaim "All people of Spanish descent are ****'s and they don't deserve to live!" I would be flamed into the ground and likely banned from that site. Because I'm a man? No, because I was being an a******. According to these SJWs, however, if I was a woman and did the same thing, it'd be okay, and anyone attacking me for it is a misogynist/troll/a******.

Also, before a SJW tries to attack me, no, I don't have anything against Spanish people, that was just an example. The fact that I even have to point this out is infuriating.

Like stated earlier, if people were doing their best to help and encourage women wanting to enter the industry, that'd be great. Instead, all these SJWs are doing is attacking existing developers and telling them they're scum for not being women, and that they should cater solely to a demographic they don't even have.

If you want games to cater more to women, try getting some more women into the industry rather than scaring them away, or alternatively, stop whining and make one yourself.

And remember,
Donít confuse the choice of stick with the reason for wanting to beat you with it in the first place.

---
MSI Z87-G45 ATX LGA1150 | i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair XMS 1x8 GB DDR3-1600 | Win7 Ultimate
Using a bow sure has its drawbacks. :V
#284SuperrpgmanPosted 8/29/2014 5:53:20 PM
More importantly than anything else, has she even gone after anything on the pc?

From what I've seen, she seems to cover the console versions of everything.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MorteTorment
A choice of playstyle without balance is no choice at all.
#285NinjaPirateDoodPosted 8/29/2014 6:16:22 PM
apparently two wrongs do make a right. is that their tactic now, do stupid s*** and then cower behind others, screaming "SEXISM" as a retort?

just what the hell is going on?
---
"Remember! Beware the battle cattle, but do not fear the battle cattle!"
#286Hi CPosted 8/29/2014 6:28:55 PM
Holy s*** why was my post moderated with Karma loss? Un believable....
#287Hi CPosted 8/29/2014 6:35:21 PM
Odtt posted...
Hi C posted...
Odtt posted...
Hi C posted...
Anyone who exploits sex, race, semetism, or children to further their own personal agenda should be executed.

Two faced manipulators like Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian are not 'feminists", nor do they care about other women, they are are criminals hiding behind their sex and using it to manipulate a favorable outcome for themselves. It's like Israel killing 1000 Palastinian children just to take out 10 Hamas "terrorists" and then saying "well it was worth it, we are entitled to defend ourselves, if you disagree you are anti semetic lol".

Did you just compare being critical of the way that women are portrayed in most games to the mass killing of thousands of innocents?

Yes, I did, because it is the same mentality. If you cannot see how it is applicable then you have a lot to learn about reality.

Yeah, you got me there :/

Expecting people to be treated as equals really does equate to mass murder. I do not know a thing about the abstract concept of reality, as I am fresh out of my mother's womb and I've never stepped out of my house, I hope you can forgive me. Now I know my place.

It isn't about being equal, it's about WINNING. Wake up.
#288OdttPosted 8/29/2014 6:43:22 PM(edited)
Hi C posted...
Odtt posted...
Hi C posted...
Odtt posted...
Hi C posted...
Anyone who exploits sex, race, semetism, or children to further their own personal agenda should be executed.

Two faced manipulators like Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian are not 'feminists", nor do they care about other women, they are are criminals hiding behind their sex and using it to manipulate a favorable outcome for themselves. It's like Israel killing 1000 Palastinian children just to take out 10 Hamas "terrorists" and then saying "well it was worth it, we are entitled to defend ourselves, if you disagree you are anti semetic lol".

Did you just compare being critical of the way that women are portrayed in most games to the mass killing of thousands of innocents?

Yes, I did, because it is the same mentality. If you cannot see how it is applicable then you have a lot to learn about reality.

Yeah, you got me there :/

Expecting people to be treated as equals really does equate to mass murder. I do not know a thing about the abstract concept of reality, as I am fresh out of my mother's womb and I've never stepped out of my house, I hope you can forgive me. Now I know my place.

It isn't about being equal, it's about WINNING. Wake up.

"Wake up, sheeple!!" (no it's not, and you're misinformed)

This is one of the problems, you and other people claim that it's about "winning", and when someone informs you that it's not, you refuse to believe it. It's almost as if...you're the one that thinks it's about "winning". There's no way to have an actual discussion if you're dead set on thinking this no matter what other people say. It's the same as a child shouting "NO IT'S NOT!" over and over whenever someone tries to dispel, in your case, the evil feminist caricature that's trying to ruin videogames to the ground. It's not real, others have purposely exaggerated this, and that is what they want you to believe.
#289Hi CPosted 8/29/2014 6:47:08 PM
"Wake up, sheeple!!" (no it's not, and you're misinformed)

This is one of the problems, you and other people claim that it's about "winning", and when someone informs you that it's not, you refuse to believe it. It's almost as if...you're the one that thinks it's about "winning". There's no way to have an actual discussion if you're dead set on thinking this no matter what other people say. It's the same as a child shouting "NO IT'S NOT!" over and over whenever someone tries to dispel, in your case, the evil feminist caricature that's trying to ruin videogames to the ground. It's not real, others have purposely exaggerated this, and that is what they want you to believe.

You're so cute I think I'll call you Marigold.
#290shinrugalPosted 8/29/2014 7:15:07 PM
Payne318 posted...
Instead of attacking Anita the person, we should go after her VIEW POINTS. In a CALM and RATIONAL way. She is not right about everything she has stated, but she does HAVE SOME valid points. The fear we seem to all have (an I hope we can all agree on) is this is a coming tide of censorship, I DONT WANT THAT, and I like to hope that most don't as well. Gaming is a medium, sometimes things will stir up the hornets nest. Don't attack the nest with a stick, you just make it worse. Instead, be willing to have an actual discussion, this is why commentators like Jim Sterling, Adam Sessler, and etc are waiting to speak out THEY ALREADY BEING ATTACKED. I am sry but their are quite a few things the game industry does that is misogynistic. I would rather the game industry regulate themselves then to have some stupid politicians come in and force them to do it. Don't attack people for disagreeing, bring up valid well thought out points, it's only way TO DEAL WITH EXTREME PEOPLE.

^ This post makes too much common sense for the internet. Have a cookie.
---
"And who are you?" the proud Lord said "That I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat. That's all the truth I know."