This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SJW are begging to black out steam access for 1 hour.

#31CallmegePosted 8/28/2014 9:39:39 PM
signed.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#32SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/28/2014 9:42:29 PM(edited)
But the threat was made on twitter. What does Steam have to do with it?

I'd sign it if it affected Twitter.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#33HighOnPhazonPosted 8/28/2014 9:43:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34jammymacsterPosted 8/28/2014 9:44:28 PM
The comments in that "petition" are priceless.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
#35PielordXPosted 8/28/2014 9:45:13 PM
I would start harassing people out of spite if this happened.

Piss people off and they will retaliate, how is this a difficult concept? If you keep poking a snake, it will bite you. I don't support harassment, but when you literally go out of your way to make it happen, you get no pity.

How would punishing everyone by blacking out steam access because of some comments some feminazi continues to make gets her threatened, be at all helpful to the situation?

This isn't victim blaming, it's common sense. And crap like this only makes it worse.
---
Pie what have you learned from this experience? I'll get warned for posting gifs of people killing themselves AND making underage jokes.
#36MilkNPCPosted 8/28/2014 9:48:05 PM
Some neckbeards on the internet are being mean to a lady, better black out Steam for an hour. That'll teach em.
#37SlashmanSGPosted 8/28/2014 9:50:58 PM
PielordX posted...
I would start harassing people out of spite if this happened.

That, and I could just play my shiny new C&C ultimate collection I got on Origin.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://i.imgur.com/Um0p3xx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MIbbUHB.gif
#38kobalobasileusPosted 8/28/2014 9:54:37 PM
I find it hilarious that ***holes who just happen to be women think the hatred against them is "misogyny," when it is, in fact, a dislike of ***holes who just happen to be women.

Love the victim card every time. /s
#39Red_JesterPosted 8/28/2014 9:59:35 PM
What's sad is that the majority of people on social media harassing gamers have absolutely no ****ing idea why they're doing it. At least the basement dwelling people harassing Anita/Zoe know in their own sociopath heads why they're doing it, but the journalist/indie scene has made up so many stories about what's going on to various feminist communities and through friends at other news sites that people are literally going up to anyone who disagrees with even the most calm and rational post and going crazy on them. You can't even say they're sociopaths. They literally just do not think for themselves.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#40Red_JesterPosted 8/28/2014 10:01:10 PM
Oh and the reason why they're doing it is because they believe corporations who own these online services for video games have a "morale duty" to stand up against the misogyny and harassment that's totally only afflicting one side.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.