This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SJW are begging to black out steam access for 1 hour.

#331AnonymousLonerPosted 8/30/2014 10:20:19 AM(edited)
Odtt posted...
It's funny that your comeback is "make your own game", Loner. No, I will not make my own game, because that is not what I want to pursue with my life. I'm studying Psychology and I do not plan to go into game design. Nevertheless, I am a consumer, and I have every right to be critical of the products I purchase (because that's what smart consumers get to do!). You also seem to not grasp what anyone who disagrees with you is saying, so I won't bother replying to your future posts.

As for the people that say that "gaming has been a predominantly male pastime", read current statistics, and if you don't count every girl that plays farmville and candy crush, then I won't count every college fratboy that exclusively plays Call of Duty and the yearly EA sports game. Sounds fair, right? You can't say that the level of female entitlement is too high, because if things were the other way around, MANY of you guys would be crying victim. But you're not, because many games already cater exclusively to you. Sorry, videogames is not an "only-boys" club. Grow up.

Well, since you're obviously too scared to debate and respond to any more replies...cool story bro.
---
"You seem intent on deepening his pain when you should be withdrawing from a argument that's clearly getting to him on a personal level." - MaxStar360
#332AnonymousLonerPosted 8/30/2014 10:24:39 AM
Callmege posted...
ITT: The Internet boys club gets its panties in a massive bunch because it doesn't want to accept change and can't accept that it isn't relevant anymore.

We're not the ones who are crying that every single game isn't to our liking; you are. While you refuse to acknowledge that games that would suit your tastes already exist, no less. Oh and being too lazy to make your own because that might actually require changing your habits to work. Oh the horror!
---
"You seem intent on deepening his pain when you should be withdrawing from a argument that's clearly getting to him on a personal level." - MaxStar360
#333ArayzielPosted 8/30/2014 10:32:01 AM
Spengler was right
#334capefeatherPosted 8/30/2014 10:39:44 AM
Red_Jester posted...
Lastly, the word "SJW" used to be very specific when it first started doing the rounds on Tumblr, but so many gamers are now throwing it around that the original intent of the word is now pretty much meaningless. Personally, I wouldn't use it anymore. Call them the name of what they're specifically doing, not "SJW." Also, people who aren't familiar with social media will see "SJW" and assume it's an attack against all of social activism.

This. I feel that it's become equivalent to a swear, kind of like "liberal". It seems if you want to look critically at video games these days, you have to disavow the other tribes before the "gamer tribe" accepts you. Screw that, I don't need any "tribe" to feel good about myself.

I think the most hilarious thing is that people are actually convinced that they're helping to expose "corruption" or some stupid crap like that. I'm sorry, but the stuff that's been going on is nothing more than high school drama. But I guess it makes sense considering so many "gamers" are ignorant teenagers. It's all hearsay, and it's impossible to know who's telling the truth, or who's just trying to sensationalize things further.
---
The Official Tyrell Badd of the Layton Kyouju vs Gyakuten Saiban Board
Rival Contest percentile: 84.9537
#335wh0_kn0wsPosted 8/30/2014 10:41:21 AM
thelovebat posted...
SJW's simply can't handle the truth being dropped on them.

http://i.imgur.com/OrA0b7x.png

like those swine are even capable of praising the sun correctly
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#336ElfpwnagePosted 8/30/2014 1:52:48 PM
IsayUsay posted...
Callmege posted...
ITT: The Internet boys club gets its panties in a massive bunch because it doesn't want to accept change and can't accept that it isn't relevant anymore.

This is the long and the short of it.

Boys, what scares you so much about a more equal society? Is it because you're too cowardly to look inwardly?

It's likely like the comic book guys who say "Girls aren't into comic books." They don't wanna accept females can be into their hobby too because then that means they can't use the excuse of girls not being into them cause they're a gamer and its just their own craptastic personality and ways.
---
3DS FC- 4484-8561-0306
Name: Shar
#337OdttPosted 8/30/2014 4:04:47 PM
Elfpwnage posted...
IsayUsay posted...
Callmege posted...

Boys, what scares you so much about a more equal society? Is it because you're too cowardly to look inwardly?

It's likely like the comic book guys who say "Girls aren't into comic books." They don't wanna accept females can be into their hobby too because then that means they can't use the excuse of girls not being into them cause they're a gamer and its just their own craptastic personality and ways.

^
#338rockman202Posted 8/30/2014 5:05:51 PM
Odtt posted...
Elfpwnage posted...
IsayUsay posted...
Callmege posted...

^

Change being shutting down steam apparently. Yeah, I am against that kind of change.
---
3DS FC:1805-2182-4512
#339wh0_kn0wsPosted 8/30/2014 5:28:26 PM
Odtt posted...
Elfpwnage posted...
IsayUsay posted...
Callmege posted...

^

jesus, i grew up with girls playing video games and you never heard of this crap until jackass internet rabble rousers stuck their pig snouts into our pastime. gtfo of it
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#340Lunitik MuzikPosted 8/30/2014 6:34:12 PM(edited)
Odtt posted...
As for the people that say that "gaming has been a predominantly male pastime", read current statistics, and if you don't count every girl that plays farmville and candy crush, then I won't count every college fratboy that exclusively plays Call of Duty and the yearly EA sports game. Sounds fair, right?

That's a false equivalency, and a dumb one at that. The fairest move would be to not include the males who play Farmville and Candy Crush as "gamers", along with the females. It's like including someone who plays Minesweeper or Solitaire as gamers, you could, but by the loosest connection possible; and it's likely they wouldn't consider themselves gamers anyways.

Hell, even throwing gender completely out of the debate: it's hilarious, and a bit scary, that you'd want someone who casually plays a mobile game to have an equal say in the industry's direction compared to a person who goes out and spends the hundreds of dollars on the equipment necessary to play these games. We're seeing some of the results of that now, and it hurts all of us who actually enjoy this hobby.

And yes, there is a bit of "entitlement" involved, but not in a bad sense. I know it's been demonized by feminists and game journalists, but it's not a negative word or concept itself. If you enjoy something enough to waste hundreds of dollars on it you want to see it improve, not end up a crappier version of itself. That's just out of love of your hobby, not some sexist attitude.