This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SJW are begging to black out steam access for 1 hour.

#41LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/28/2014 10:03:44 PM
Oh yay, I'm sure Valve will be more than willing to sacrifice millions of dollars in revenue for these important, influential people
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#42Death_BornPosted 8/28/2014 10:06:06 PM
Oh boy, I'm sure this will work and totally not undermine their message. Why not just put a giant banner on the front page that says "we want to take away your games!" while you're at it.
#43HighOnPhazonPosted 8/28/2014 10:11:39 PM
I'm offended by Feminists. I think we should make a petition to ban them from using the internet
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#44Padraigo52Posted 8/28/2014 10:13:37 PM
There is a reason no one will ever take these guys seriously ever
#451918mePosted 8/28/2014 10:14:10 PM(edited)
Posts like these are why I try to stay off of GameFAQs.

I mean, Anita Sarkeesian's videos are much more reasonable and level-headed than people here give them credit for. I do think that this is an ill-conceived way of reaching out to gamers about this, but really, denying the problem with the level of vitriol that some people here are doing isn't helping make your respective cases.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out like most people do.
"I've seen this sig several different times." ~Maj_Massacre
#46Padraigo52Posted 8/28/2014 10:16:43 PM(edited)
Haha, if you look at the comments of who has signed the peitition (250 sigs btw). Kim Jong Un is at the top.
#47AmirygonPosted 8/28/2014 10:16:56 PM
Good, I hope Valve does what she asks. Then she'll cry more tears to feed on, because she sure ain't going to get anything else.
---
It is the fact you are offended, quite frankly, that offends me.
#48Red_JesterPosted 8/28/2014 10:18:46 PM(edited)
1918me posted...

I mean, Anita Sarkeesian's videos are much more reasonable and level-headed than people here give them credit for. I do think that this is an ill-conceived way of reaching out to gamers about this, but really, denying the problem with the level of vitriol that some people here are doing isn't helping make your respective cases.

I think the general message of her videos are correct, but... she has to use examples to prove them and instead of going after ones I literally think of before the video starts rolling, the most insanely unfair examples that require misleading of the audience are used. (Edit: I should clarify, not ALL of the examples, but the most recent video was too much for me)

She made a lot of money. She should REALLY hire a journalist from ANY gaming site. Hell, most anyone from Kotaku or Polygon would do it for free.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#49Hop103Posted 8/28/2014 10:19:38 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I'm offended by Feminists. I think we should make a petition to ban them from using the internet

Third wave feminism should be classified as a cult like Heaven's Gate and banned. There's no need for any form of extremism in the world.
---
"In the name of the future moon I shall punish you"-Chibi Moon
#501918mePosted 8/28/2014 10:21:02 PM
Red_Jester posted...
1918me posted...

I think the general message of her videos are correct, but... she has to use examples to prove them and instead of going after ones I literally think of before the video starts rolling, the most insanely unfair examples that require misleading of the audience are used. (Edit: I should clarify, not ALL of the examples, but the most recent video was too much for me)

She made a lot of money. She should REALLY hire a journalist from ANY gaming site. Hell, most anyone from Kotaku or Polygon would do it for free.

Yeah, that's a fair critique. It's really more the people who deny that sexism in games is a problem at all that frustrate me.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out like most people do.
"I've seen this sig several different times." ~Maj_Massacre