This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who the hell would pay $350 for a BASIC ship in Star Citizen?

#11JKatarnPosted 8/29/2014 2:38:41 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Digital Storm posted...
If they have the discretionary income and they want to spend it on whatever, who are you to question or judge how they spend it? It's not coming out of your pocket or bank account.

Just like the old...

--WARNING, INCOMING CAR ANALOGY--

...Why would you buy a Porsche if a Honda works just as well?
Because you have money, that's why.

Except in the case of the Porsche vs. Honda you are getting something real and tangible, whereas this is $350 for a digital item. Though I'd agree that if somebody wants to spend their money on something like this, more power to them, I personally would rather buy a higher end video card vs. a ship in a game, but that's me.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#12thedeadman568Posted 8/29/2014 3:37:41 PM
SinisterSlay posted...

Except a Porsche is inherently better than a Honda while a virtual ship is a virtual ship.
#13mrtywerPosted 8/29/2014 3:43:20 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Digital Storm posted...
If they have the discretionary income and they want to spend it on whatever, who are you to question or judge how they spend it? It's not coming out of your pocket or bank account.

Just like the old...

All I ask is ONE. FISHING. DAY. WITHOUT A MOTHERFISHING CAR ANALOGY.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!?
---
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
#14El_KazPosted 8/29/2014 3:56:10 PM
mrtywer posted...

Car analogies are like the engine coolant of this message board; sure, we you go without 'em for a little while, but past that you better put some in before all hell breaks loose!
---
Wait... what?
#15__starsnostarsPosted 8/29/2014 3:57:31 PM
^ I was about to make a very similar post but you beat me to it.
#16SinisterSlayPosted 8/29/2014 5:01:57 PM
El_Kaz posted...
mrtywer posted...

Car analogies are like the engine coolant of this message board; sure, we you go without 'em for a little while, but past that you better put some in before all hell breaks loose!

Please warn before using car analogies.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#17SurvivorTypePosted 8/29/2014 5:17:05 PM
I'd prefer a Honda over a Porsche tbh.
---
You eat the world, or the world eats you. Either way, it's okay.
#18Greendragon854Posted 8/29/2014 9:50:19 PM
Also, it's not a "basic ship" that's $350. The basic ship is like $25. The full game, multiplayer and singleplayer, along WITH that basic ship is $40. Cheaper than most AAA PC games
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#19TimePharaohPosted 8/29/2014 9:57:14 PM
JKatarn posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Digital Storm posted...

Just like the old...

Except in the case of the Porsche vs. Honda you are getting something real and tangible, whereas this is $350 for a digital item. Though I'd agree that if somebody wants to spend their money on something like this, more power to them, I personally would rather buy a higher end video card vs. a ship in a game, but that's me.

He says in a topic about "fake", non-tangible digital video games
#20AltmadragonPosted 8/29/2014 9:57:37 PM
The basic ship is not 350$....
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|