This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there seriously no major Brick + Mortar PC Part store anymore?

#11ShubPosted 8/29/2014 1:53:05 PM
Pennsylvania only has one Micro Center and no Fry's, so no better here. But I do live near that Micro Center. The next closest one is in Brooklyn and there's no way I'm driving to NYC.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#12Edavy89Posted 8/29/2014 2:05:46 PM
Shub posted...
Pennsylvania only has one Micro Center and no Fry's, so no better here. But I do live near that Micro Center. The next closest one is in Brooklyn and there's no way I'm driving to NYC.

Yeah, VA seems kinda boned in that department as well. I mean, we do have one micro-center in fairfax, but I live in richmond and having to drive 100 miles to go get something just isn't worth it. i guess an hour and a half isn't really that bad, but a three hour round trip would have to save me a big chunk of money to be worth it. I already spend 50% of my day EVERY day driving.
#13A_THIZZIN_T_REXPosted 8/29/2014 2:12:55 PM
Sometimes I love the fact that Micro Center is based in Ohio
---
Cavs: 0-0 | Indians: 50-47 | 5% chance this post is serious
i7-4790K @ 4.6 GHz, 16GB DDR3-1866, GTX 780 3GB
#14SirisS-G-PPosted 8/29/2014 2:26:50 PM
Were i'm at, we have 3 Frys and a Electronic Discount that sells used PCs and parts. You can even sell your old parts there too.
#15calcyclePosted 8/29/2014 2:27:13 PM
You really should try out Newegg sometime
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#16Judgmenl(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 2:30:14 PM
calcycle posted...
You really should try out Newegg sometime

I have NO WAY to buy things online unless it's Amazon.
I am not buying a $500 Amazon Gift Card.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png Software Engineer
There ain't no getting off this train we're on
#17HighOnPhazonPosted 8/29/2014 2:31:43 PM
There's a local place here called Computer Renaissance. They are so pathetic, the last time I went into their store I told the guy that he should give up because no PC enthusiast would ever buy a case for $150 dollars, or a Radeon HD7950 for $500 dollars.

His prices are absolutely staggeringly huge.

He told me to not shop here if I didn't like his prices, and then I laughed in his face and told him nobody is going to shop here ever, I hope your store ******* fails.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#18KURRUPTORPosted 8/29/2014 2:51:59 PM
We have milwaukee PC in Wisconsin. It's a small chain but we have one even right in my home town of 10k population.

The problem is that everything is over priced. It's nice when you need something right away though. My hard drive died recently and it was worth paying the 20 extra dollars to not wait a week for a new one to arrive.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#19KURRUPTORPosted 8/29/2014 2:54:02 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
There's a local place here called Computer Renaissance. They are so pathetic, the last time I went into their store I told the guy that he should give up because no PC enthusiast would ever buy a case for $150 dollars, or a Radeon HD7950 for $500 dollars.

He told me to not shop here if I didn't like his prices, and then I laughed in his face and told him nobody is going to shop here ever, I hope your store ******* fails.

Whoa what a badass!
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#20HighOnPhazonPosted 8/29/2014 2:54:27 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...

Whoa what a badass!

I know dude, I am.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650