This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there seriously no major Brick + Mortar PC Part store anymore?

#21HighOnPhazonPosted 8/29/2014 2:55:31 PM
It would have helped my story if I would have also put that the owner is a pompous ass who thinks he's doing people a favor selling things for twice what their worth.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#22JKatarnPosted 8/29/2014 2:57:40 PM
If you live in the western U.S. there's Fry's (which is amazing, browsed one while on a trip out west, wish they had some in the east), and there are of course smaller local PC stores (their prices tend to be inflated though).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#23CilymPosted 8/29/2014 2:59:16 PM
Judgmenl posted...
calcycle posted...
You really should try out Newegg sometime

I have NO WAY to buy things online unless it's Amazon.
I am not buying a $500 Amazon Gift Card.

Sounds like a you problem.
---
i called myself uberhipster before, try harder. - Ningishzida
You a straight up buster TC (Super_Thug44).- KidInTheHall
#24PraetorXynPosted 8/29/2014 4:00:50 PM
Cilym posted...
Judgmenl posted...
calcycle posted...
You really should try out Newegg sometime

I have NO WAY to buy things online unless it's Amazon.
I am not buying a $500 Amazon Gift Card.

Sounds like a you problem.

Sounds more like you need to ask your parents to borrow their credit card.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#25SinisterSlayPosted 8/29/2014 4:06:35 PM(edited)
I think PC hardware might be a horrible business to be in because it depreciates so fast but your costs don't So if you can't sell immediately at full price, you lose money on it. The only way around that would be if you only did in store orders. And if your just doing that, people are likely to just order it themselves and avoid your mark up.
Last I heard PC parts only had a 7% mark up.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26SythisTaruPosted 8/29/2014 6:11:27 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
There's a local place here called Computer Renaissance. They are so pathetic, the last time I went into their store I told the guy that he should give up because no PC enthusiast would ever buy a case for $150 dollars, or a Radeon HD7950 for $500 dollars.

His prices are absolutely staggeringly huge.

He told me to not shop here if I didn't like his prices, and then I laughed in his face and told him nobody is going to shop here ever, I hope your store ******* fails.

Whoa what a badass!

I know dude, I am.

Wait, you think 150 is alot for a case?
#27TheSmilingLordPosted 8/29/2014 6:25:48 PM
Fry's prices are really good. Plus they match Newegg.

Protip: Use RedLaser or some app for price matching when you're inside the store. You can find if it's cheaper right there on the spot no problem.
---
Gamertag: Ragnarok
#28phantasyPosted 8/29/2014 6:27:54 PM
i have a frys that is nearby and over the years they have been slowly turning into a department store. They have been slowly starting to push a lot of those as seen on tv products and remote control toys. The PC hardware section has been slowly dwindling.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#29cancerstormPosted 8/29/2014 7:11:27 PM(edited)
Judgmenl posted...
cuteboi100 posted...
Canada's got NCIX, Canada Computers, TigerDirect.

I wish we had Microcenters.

Only in California.

?

there's only one microcenter in california and it's in LA. the one in santa clara closed two years ago
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#30HighOnPhazonPosted 8/29/2014 7:17:19 PM
SythisTaru posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
There's a local place here called Computer Renaissance. They are so pathetic, the last time I went into their store I told the guy that he should give up because no PC enthusiast would ever buy a case for $150 dollars, or a Radeon HD7950 for $500 dollars.

His prices are absolutely staggeringly huge.

He told me to not shop here if I didn't like his prices, and then I laughed in his face and told him nobody is going to shop here ever, I hope your store ******* fails.

Whoa what a badass!

I know dude, I am.

Wait, you think 150 is alot for a case?

When I can get the same case for $70, yes
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650