This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a guy who has had a Gaming Laptop for 2 years, I can honestly say that it is

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. As a guy who has had a Gaming Laptop for 2 years, I can honestly say that it is
2 years ago#11
Erg0n posted...
i can't believe you took the time and posted all this just to have replies of insults lol
Cavs: 0-0 | Indians: 50-47 | 5% chance this post is serious
i7-4790K @ 4.6 GHz, 16GB DDR3-1866, GTX 780 3GB
2 years ago#12
Got a $1,000 gaming laptop from my grandparents for college 5 years ago (grandparents let me pick the model) and I totally agree. Just using it hurt my palms because it got so hard. I couldn't take it to some classes because it was so damn big and the charge lasted an hour and a half (not practical for 3 hour lectures with no guarantee of an outlet seat) and it srill didn't play newer games well after about a year.

After a year I basically hooked it up to KB/M+Monitor and after three I replaced it with a desktop (and netbook) outright.

I will never buy a gaming laptop again.
2 years ago#13
lmao 660m laptop at $1300
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
2 years ago#14
As a Guy who has a gaming laptop for 1 year I can honestly say that TC must have bought a Cheap gaming laptop. I use the Asus G750JW and i don't have any problems with it at all. I use it as my primary gaming machine even tho I have 2 gaming desktop.
2 years ago#15
SirisS-G-P posted...
As a Guy who has a gaming laptop for 1 year I can honestly say that TC must have bought a Cheap gaming laptop. I use the Asus G750JW and i don't have any problems with it at all. I use it as my primary gaming machine even tho I have 2 gaming desktop.

Thats the same one I have, I can even emulate PS2 and Gamecube games on it no problem but having high settings even on Warcrack I get 60fps almost all the time but sometimes it seems to throttle iself back when it hits about 70 degrees on graphics card and 60 on cpu.
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
2 years ago#16
My 2 1/2 year old laptop with a 670m that was 1,200 is still running strong. No need for a cooling pad at all.

Beat the living hell out of it traveling 3 weeks out of every month too.

Battery life? The only time its not plugged into something is when im in a plane that doesn't have outlets. IT's not a handheld, plug it in.

Sager FTW
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
2 years ago#17
If you're going to buy a really expensive laptop, IMO you should be comfortable with taking it apart and doing repairs on it once the warranty is expired.
---
2 years ago#18
Chargers_31 posted...
Just using it hurt my palms because it got so hard.

I have this same exact problem.
2 years ago#19
SirisS-G-P posted...

Yeah I have that one too, its about 8 months old, and it's doing great.

I actually needed to get a laptop though, if I didn't move as much as I did (at the time I bought it) I would have just built a desktop
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
2 years ago#20
iammaxhailme posted...
SirisS-G-P posted...

Yeah I have that one too, its about 8 months old, and it's doing great.

I actually needed to get a laptop though, if I didn't move as much as I did (at the time I bought it) I would have just built a desktop

I've heard that argument at least a few times..."I move a lot" - I can understand if you're say a freelance professional 3D artist going to a lot of meetings/traveling etc. and really need a powerhouse machine with you, but how often are people changing houses that wrapping a computer case in some bubble wrap/blankets etc. is some herculean effort? Are there local rebel skirmishes that are forcing you out of an area every other week or something?
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. As a guy who has had a Gaming Laptop for 2 years, I can honestly say that it is

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived