This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a guy who has had a Gaming Laptop for 2 years, I can honestly say that it is

#11A_THIZZIN_T_REXPosted 8/29/2014 3:51:23 PM
Erg0n posted...
i can't believe you took the time and posted all this just to have replies of insults lol

---
Cavs: 0-0 | Indians: 50-47 | 5% chance this post is serious
i7-4790K @ 4.6 GHz, 16GB DDR3-1866, GTX 780 3GB
#12Chargers_31Posted 8/29/2014 3:51:29 PM
Got a $1,000 gaming laptop from my grandparents for college 5 years ago (grandparents let me pick the model) and I totally agree. Just using it hurt my palms because it got so hard. I couldn't take it to some classes because it was so damn big and the charge lasted an hour and a half (not practical for 3 hour lectures with no guarantee of an outlet seat) and it srill didn't play newer games well after about a year.

After a year I basically hooked it up to KB/M+Monitor and after three I replaced it with a desktop (and netbook) outright.

I will never buy a gaming laptop again.
#13cancerstormPosted 8/29/2014 3:54:26 PM
lmao 660m laptop at $1300
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#14SirisS-G-PPosted 8/29/2014 4:08:15 PM
As a Guy who has a gaming laptop for 1 year I can honestly say that TC must have bought a Cheap gaming laptop. I use the Asus G750JW and i don't have any problems with it at all. I use it as my primary gaming machine even tho I have 2 gaming desktop.
#15silvergokuZPosted 8/29/2014 5:29:27 PM
SirisS-G-P posted...
As a Guy who has a gaming laptop for 1 year I can honestly say that TC must have bought a Cheap gaming laptop. I use the Asus G750JW and i don't have any problems with it at all. I use it as my primary gaming machine even tho I have 2 gaming desktop.

Thats the same one I have, I can even emulate PS2 and Gamecube games on it no problem but having high settings even on Warcrack I get 60fps almost all the time but sometimes it seems to throttle iself back when it hits about 70 degrees on graphics card and 60 on cpu.
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#16Bossdog421Posted 8/29/2014 6:38:43 PM
My 2 1/2 year old laptop with a 670m that was 1,200 is still running strong. No need for a cooling pad at all.

Beat the living hell out of it traveling 3 weeks out of every month too.

Battery life? The only time its not plugged into something is when im in a plane that doesn't have outlets. IT's not a handheld, plug it in.

Sager FTW
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#17mrCubePosted 8/29/2014 6:41:29 PM
If you're going to buy a really expensive laptop, IMO you should be comfortable with taking it apart and doing repairs on it once the warranty is expired.
---
---
#18ElkiadorPosted 8/29/2014 7:02:02 PM
Chargers_31 posted...
Just using it hurt my palms because it got so hard.

I have this same exact problem.
#19iammaxhailmePosted 8/29/2014 7:39:33 PM
SirisS-G-P posted...

Yeah I have that one too, its about 8 months old, and it's doing great.

I actually needed to get a laptop though, if I didn't move as much as I did (at the time I bought it) I would have just built a desktop
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#20JKatarnPosted 8/29/2014 7:46:50 PM(edited)
iammaxhailme posted...
SirisS-G-P posted...

Yeah I have that one too, its about 8 months old, and it's doing great.

I actually needed to get a laptop though, if I didn't move as much as I did (at the time I bought it) I would have just built a desktop

I've heard that argument at least a few times..."I move a lot" - I can understand if you're say a freelance professional 3D artist going to a lot of meetings/traveling etc. and really need a powerhouse machine with you, but how often are people changing houses that wrapping a computer case in some bubble wrap/blankets etc. is some herculean effort? Are there local rebel skirmishes that are forcing you out of an area every other week or something?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES