This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Violence VS Sex in game

#41ZerabpPosted 8/31/2014 5:37:02 AM
Psychologically speaking it's actually sex. The brain differentiates false violence from real violence, it does not do so with sex (although that also includes violent sex). So the only thing that has potential to cause permanent damage are thing sexual in nature. Keep in mind positive realistic depictions of sex, are fine and would be welcome, what we have gotten so far though is pretty far from healthy or even realistic. It is used as a reward for buttering a character up and making them feel special (even if you are doing the same process over multiple "partners") and is the incentive for relationships in games, rather than being the small part it is supposed to play. It promotes promiscuity with none of the real life consequences which unlike violence aren't as engrained in the psyche. In short anyone who chose violence is provably wrong.

Respond all you want to this as this is the only post to this thread I'm making. Remember google is your enemy... unless you use a proxy than it's your friend, use a proxy, and use google.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#42SwordBlazePosted 8/31/2014 5:43:06 AM(edited)
Look at all the anti-sexual puritans try to rationalize their unnatural hate of a normal himan interaction.
---
"Play is the highest form of research." - Albert Einstein
#43temoorashrafPosted 8/31/2014 5:46:13 AM
I would say sex, because like some other people said, it's usually pointless and just added as a sort of fanservice. In most cases it's also really stiff and fake.
---
I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you.
#44johnny_payPosted 8/31/2014 5:57:18 AM
Sex, it always looks awkward and out of place in games.
#45metalmariolordPosted 8/31/2014 6:01:23 AM
I'm more comfortable with violence in games than sex.
After all sex is for 18+ people.
And we don't need sex in life.It's a nice thing to have, but not necessary like food or oxygen.
---
"Bury me with my money" Simon Greedwell.
Christian and proud of it.
#46reincarnator07Posted 8/31/2014 6:08:53 AM
Sex, since it's almost never done well.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#47SwordBlazePosted 8/31/2014 6:12:56 AM
metalmariolord posted...
I'm more comfortable with violence in games than sex.
After all sex is for 18+ people.
And we don't need sex in life.It's a nice thing to have, but not necessary like food or oxygen.

Lmao

/thread

I was almost gonna end it on the "brain can't tell difference between real/fake sex" post but this definitely wins.
---
"Play is the highest form of research." - Albert Einstein
#48GregiorpPosted 8/31/2014 6:25:30 AM
temoorashraf posted...
I would say sex, because like some other people said, it's usually pointless and just added as a sort of fanservice. In most cases it's also really stiff and fake.

This
#49Fou LuPosted 8/31/2014 6:39:36 AM
Violence has been a standard form of human entertainment since the dawn of human civilization. It was REAL violence then, gladiators would smash open the heads of REAL people, and the crowds would cheer.

Sorry, there were no sex games for people to watch. It's a way some living creatures breed, there's nothing entertaining about that. Stop trying to justify you lust and perversions by attacking violence. We're incredibly tame nowadays, since all our forms of violent entertainment use FAKE violence, unlike what our ancestors did.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#50Jedi454Posted 8/31/2014 6:48:02 AM
Interfusor posted...
Jedi454 posted...
I'm a necrophiliac so both at the same time work in my favour.

You reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTKYH6FgUs

Lol'd.