This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really think Origin is the better DRM

#11RunFromThisGunPosted 8/31/2014 12:27:06 PM
Each one does it's job. That's about as much as I care to think about them. That said, Steam has the advantage of being around longer.
#12MariachiOfDoomPosted 8/31/2014 12:42:57 PM
I wouldn't mind origin except that every time they update, my install completely breaks and I have to manually uninstall everything including registry entries to get it working again.

Other than that, the interface is alright. Certainly no worse than steam was for a long time. I think people tend to forget that Steam has had about 10 years to fix, break, fix, update, and fix every little thing. I remember there being pretty much just as much hate for it back in its infancy.
---
Hey look, a signature!
#13DiviDudePosted 8/31/2014 12:59:11 PM(edited)
Aside from Uplay's asinine patching scheme (at least, it was asinine for SC: Blacklist), I've had no problems with Steam, Origin, or Uplay. They provide at worst a minor inconvenience, and usually are so unobtrusive that it's as if they're not even there.

So whatever.
#14killkountPosted 8/31/2014 1:00:33 PM
Steam is the best one because that's where 99.9% of my games are >_>
---
Have an Instagram? Give #fatbushes a follow!
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#15YombieePosted 8/31/2014 1:09:16 PM
Lemur_H posted...
Ticking_Death posted...
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

Origin is butts, uPlay is even more butts. Steam is mostly not butts but I for one welcome our new GOG overlords

You are now ignoring this user's topics and posts.

I don't know why I laughed so hard at that.
#16PraetorXynPosted 8/31/2014 1:18:41 PM
I have yet to break down and install Origin, as I find modern military shooters boring and everything BioWare's done since DA:O (which itself was mediocre at best) has been s***.

I buy everything I can from GOG, who is going to be releasing an optional Steam-like client called GOG Galaxy sometime next year probably.

If it's not on GOG, I'll buy it on Steam, and I have repurchased many older games I already had on Steam on GOG just to have them DRM free.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#17TimePharaohPosted 8/31/2014 6:27:44 PM
But Steam isn't DRM, therefore the entire basis for your terrible topic is wrong.

GG shill
#18Unsugarized_Foo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 6:29:10 PM
I am beaten. Damn.
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana