This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you make up conversations for/between characters in games as you play?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you make up conversations for/between characters in games as you play?
2 years ago#1
Topic. - Results (93 votes)
Yes. I carry out multi-person narratives all the time.
15.05% (14 votes)
Kind of. I sometime try to imagine what a character would be thinking/say.
35.48% (33 votes)
No. I just play the game.
49.46% (46 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As an example I can't get through a mission of XCOM without internally voicing the characters choices and reactions.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
2 years ago#2
Sometimes I'll make up a narrative or order/assignment in my head to justify killing 10 deathclaws.

I get really bored.
2 years ago#3
Conversations? Nah. What I do is I create a story that makes sense for each character. With their strengths and flaws, and with their own gear. I like to roleplay so my game is a little more personal. Not really for XCOM, though. Something like Fallout and Fable.

NOTE! I don't mean MMO roleplay where I pretend to be someone and yiff people or whatever.
- My vision is augmented
2 years ago#4
SpazH3d posted...
NOTE! I don't mean MMO roleplay where I pretend to be someone and yiff people or whatever.

I don't believe you. I wasn't thinking about it until you brought it up. You dirty man/woman/child.
2 years ago#5
Lemur_H posted...
SpazH3d posted...

I don't believe you. I wasn't thinking about it until you brought it up. You dirty man/woman/child.

Okay I admit it, I am the biggest furry you will ever meet. I have 4 costumes and wear them for our monthly gatherings and at all the cons.

THAT WAS A JOKE! I am in fact Helios from Deus Ex. I don't like furries, okay. :C
- My vision is augmented
2 years ago#6
I voted no, but now that I think about it, I have sort of done this before. Mostly when something in-game happens that strikes me as funny because the characters would have no idea what was happening to them. Like glitches and stuff.
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
2 years ago#7
Oh, as another example, when Elizabeth picks her first lock and mentions that Booker would be surprised what she knows I imagined him saying:

"Do you know what a ******* is? 'Cause I got three dollars with your name on it."

I'm just gonna leave that fully edited out.

I also practice my stripper small talk when she throws you money and you hold it up for a second while looking at her as seen here:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/570024674295868832/0E9C4955B577978F0184A32F30ED85A70AD0B818/
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
2 years ago#8
No, but sometimes when I play rpgs I'll read the dialogue out loud in what I imagine is the characters voice.

I'm weird.
I'm going back down into deep waters
Starry eyed, Shivers spreading as I fall
2 years ago#9
Nah, I usually do it after. I'll think about what I just saw and go from there. I'll fill in missing bits myself and depending on how good I find the game I'll even write my stuff down.
2 years ago#10
-5xad0w- posted...

I also practice my stripper small talk when she throws you money and you hold it up for a second while looking at her as seen here:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/570024674295868832/0E9C4955B577978F0184A32F30ED85A70AD0B818/

I couldn't stop myself. http://i.imgur.com/ZHVzagz.jpg
- My vision is augmented
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you make up conversations for/between characters in games as you play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived