This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your catalyst for becoming a PC gamer?

#1Edavy89Posted 8/31/2014 4:30:51 PM
Just something I thought might make for an interesting conversation, especially if you have a unique reason. For me, it was 2 things.

First, I had kids, which was a double whammy. I didn't like playing most any of the games I actually like playing in front of them because of how young they are. And then on top of that, they pretty much took over my TV. if the thing gets turned on, it's almost indefinitely set to Disney, Disney jr., or PBS kids.

Second was becoming a truck driver. I spend a lot of time on the road, and parked at rest/truck stops. Having a decent laptop I can carry with me has saved me a lot of sanity. Especially since I really don't like handheld systems, and having a console+Tv etc etc in my truck just isn't feasible.

So, what spurred you in to getting in to PC gaming?
#2calcyclePosted 8/31/2014 4:32:37 PM
The xbox 360 was getting boring and too slow for my tastes. The increased framerate and good selection of games also helped.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#3killkountPosted 8/31/2014 4:33:24 PM
Just slowly started getting into it by playing CS on a crappy computer, then one day went all in.
---
Have an Instagram? Give #fatbushes a follow!
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#4AskeladdPosted 8/31/2014 4:35:58 PM
Baldur's Gate, Diablo and Age of Empires.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#5MedeyerPosted 8/31/2014 4:45:41 PM
The xbone reveal. Price of games. PC building is interesting. Steam sales make you see and consider games you'd probably never hear about.
#6ClashtonnPosted 8/31/2014 4:46:36 PM
I like video games. So I gravitated to the platform with the most games I like.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#7Freedan12Posted 8/31/2014 4:50:00 PM
Games.
#8ggf162Posted 8/31/2014 4:52:19 PM
Never really had consoles when I was growing up (mother had forbidden them for some reason) so all I had to play on was my GBA and my computer to pass the time.
---
The constructive use of riches is better than their possession.
#9XatrionPosted 8/31/2014 5:00:14 PM
I was watching a bunch of PC videos of popular multiplats I had on 360 and marveled at all the stuff you could do. Not to mention steam sales. Eventually I made the jump and I'm glad I did.
---
Shut your BF28/9 sound hole and listen up.
I came here to laugh at you.
#10wwarren19Posted 8/31/2014 5:00:53 PM
Being a lifelong console gamer, the seventh generation of video game consoles was a bit long for my taste. So it was just natural to gravitate towards PC gaming since I'm in my 30s now.
---
Gigabyte 780 | i5-2310 | asus p8h61m lx plus | patriot memory 8g | OCZ ModXStream Pro 700 | Samsung SSD 250g | WD 1tb | HAF 912 | 3 AOC 22" IPS, 1 29"