This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your catalyst for becoming a PC gamer?

#31XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/31/2014 8:49:04 PM
Seeing my cousin with a sweet setup playing Skyrim i was sold instantly. I felt burnt by Sony and MS and was tired of dealing with their limits and not wanting to spend more money on consoles i made the jump to PC. As of now i have no intentions of buying either PS4 or XB1. All the games i want are on PC plus i get PC exclusives, mod support and im not paying monthly for the honor of gaming online.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#32bopbop66Posted 8/31/2014 9:00:48 PM(edited)
This gen's new consoles. I adore my Wii U, but PS4/XO have literally no advantage that applies to me.
---
Accept Kyoko as your new God.
#33bravo1Posted 8/31/2014 9:01:16 PM
With the frequency in which I had to use a computer, I decided that it would be best to learn how to build, maintain and troubleshoot them. Don't like using tools that I don't at least have a faint understanding of. After that, building became something of a hobby and a way to make some extra cash here and there. From there, it just made sense to transition to PC gaming. I had the hardware, it was cheaper in the long run and enjoyable.
---
3DS FC: 3952-7065-0089
#34slyman19Posted 8/31/2014 9:04:36 PM
The PS4 and Xbox One are both embarrassingly weak. Plus Steam sales.
#35jake-sfPosted 8/31/2014 9:05:45 PM
Been one all my life. I got gifted games when I was not even 10 years old like Unreal and played games like Duke Nukem. (the platformer)

Of course when I was too young, I played consoles games (Super Nintendo era, and early N64 era), but point is I played PC stuff very early, until I just became the PC guy (I can't say the exact age but at around 10, I was most certainly, constantly on the family PC).

I think thats close enough to being born a PC gamer.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#36Xero KaiserPosted 8/31/2014 9:08:25 PM
I had played some PC games growing up (Warcraft 2, Diablo, and Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries mostly) but it wasn't until the early 2000's that I really started gravitating towards PC gaming. Baldur's gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, KoTOR, VTM: Bloodlines, FarCry, Morrowind, Dawn of War, etc. It just got harder and harder to go back to my consoles as time went on. I haven't quit console gaming entirely, but I spend the vast majority of my gaming time on my PC now.
#37NorloutPosted 8/31/2014 9:11:29 PM
I got a job so i could afford a gaming pc.
That and i wanted to play all the future games my pc could not handle.
So i decided to buy the best i could so i would not hafto upgrade it soon.
5 years later i bought a new gaming pc that have and will last longer than my previous one.
#38rtkamb1770Posted 8/31/2014 9:16:43 PM
Games like Unreal Tournament, Quake, Command & Conquer, Warcraft, Myst, Grim Fandango, Baldur's Gate... whoops got carried away there.
---
Against my better judgment, I have decided to put my MAL URL here:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/rtkamb
#39wdfosterPosted 8/31/2014 9:18:37 PM
Xbox 360 Kinect
Xbox One reveal
Steam Sales
Having kids as well
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound
#40-5xad0w-Posted 8/31/2014 9:20:32 PM
I was touched by God.