This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people like Skyrim?

#21Orestes417Posted 9/1/2014 7:16:13 AM
If you need mods to "fix" a game, the game by it's very definition isn't very good. The only exception to that is games that are marketed as mod platforms to begin with like Gary's Mod and ARMA.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#22happyscrub1Posted 9/1/2014 7:19:24 AM
I have 108 hours of Skyrim game play. I feel like 80 hours were hiking and 10 hours were constantly going back to empty bags.

The whole game itself feels like a time sink.

The melee combat sucks too.
---
(fixed) Sorry if I don't reply. It's probably because:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14507091120/
#23SythisTaruPosted 9/1/2014 8:09:51 AM
The detail is amazing. Every location is hand built, no procedural dungeons or random generated crap. I don't care if they re-use tilesets, the hand crafted detail makes up for that.
#24GoldninjaPosted 9/1/2014 8:13:02 AM(edited)
While I hate encumbrance in pretty much every Bethesda game, this was the first one that I didn't jack up the encumbrance limit through the console/mods. The Steed Stone pretty much makes all other stones irrelevant. It ups the limit by 100 and makes worn armor weigh nothing, while not weighing you down, making light armor pointless. Followers could carry a lot of the heavy crap, there were backpacks (through mods? Don't know if they're in vanilla. They don't make any sense at all, but whatever. They worked.), strength potions to help in a pinch, etc. Which is a good thing since upping stamina per level only gives you a measly five points in encumbrance limit. I might still up the limit through the console since I finished the main quest and don't have much left to do, but I'm satisfied with it for now.

I might rant about the low points later, but right now, meh.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#25biohazard1775Posted 9/1/2014 8:13:02 AM
dunebeetle posted...
All the Fallouts aren't good.
Kotor isn't good.

fishhook.jpg
---
http://i.imgur.com/PUlTENu.png
Iron Within, Iron Without
#26bionicman_3090Posted 9/1/2014 8:14:14 AM
Clashtonn posted...
Fallout: New Vegas >>>>> Skyrim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fallout 3 >> Oblivion

Skyrim was an ok game. Huge step up from Oblivion. Not as good as Morrowind (besides the combat which was way better).

With mods to improve the combat, AI, add NPCs, warzones, deadly dragons, UI improvements, fix the faction and civil war questlines rebalance the perks and improve the graphics it becomes a really good game.

Have you actually played Oblivion with mods? Just OOO and Unnecessary Violence or Deadly Reflex makes Oblivion 10x better than Skyrim. In fact, if you had played Oblivion with mods, you'd instantly realize that Skyrim, especially the combat, was a shameless rip-off of Oblivion combat mods but done exceptionally poorly. Which is why you still need mods for Skyrim. Besides, the factions' story lines are rushed and lack progression. Even if you use mods to add in guild-rank requirements, extra dialogues, etc., the fundamental problem isn't fixed.

How could anyone like Skyrim's Thieves' Guild? Dark Brotherhood is the only saving grace but it shares the same plot twist as The Thieves' Guild. College Of Winterhold is nothing but a dungeon-crawler and The Companions quest-line is, "Hey, Silver-Hand are bad people who hate werewolves. So, you HAVE to become one to fight them".
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
#27-5xad0w-Posted 9/1/2014 8:14:32 AM
dunebeetle posted...
Skyrim isn't good.
Oblivion isn't good.
All the Fallouts aren't good.
Kotor isn't good.

And on top of that the quality of trolling isn't good anymore.

I remember when people would set up long winded, mostly valid sounding arguments with just a single point or two being off just enough to cause discord.

Now it's all just "lol the things people like sux lol i am master trollz".
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#28GoldninjaPosted 9/1/2014 8:17:51 AM
The_Count_Foo posted...
Why do you keep making the same topic all the time trying to bash on skyrim and piss people off?

It's admittedly better than the justice league topics as of late.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#29Santa_GavinPosted 9/1/2014 8:23:08 AM
why is the sky blue?
#30staticxtreme5Posted 9/1/2014 8:29:52 AM
Because people like different things? The better question is what is wrong in your head that makes you believe that everyone should dislike the same things.