This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people like Skyrim?

#31Hi CPosted 9/1/2014 8:34:47 AM
SythisTaru posted...
The detail is amazing. Every location is hand built, no procedural dungeons or random generated crap. I don't care if they re-use tilesets, the hand crafted detail makes up for that.

lol Skyrim has the least detail and most linear dungeons of the entire series.

For the millions of dollars Bethesda sinks into their games it makes you wonder just what the money is going to considering they can never seem to find more than 3 voice actors to do dozens of NPC's. The dungeons are linear, less detail, and fewer decorations. They reuse the same buggy "modified" engine over and over. The combat is superficial crap every single game. They keep removing things every sequel. Still no true faction or dynamic world change system. Animations are always bad with bad combat collision detection and characters just seem to glide over the ground.

Where the hell is the money going? They make GTA money on TES now and it's still the biggest "cost vs. jank" offender in gaming by far.
#32GoldninjaPosted 9/1/2014 8:36:24 AM
Hi C posted...

Did you play Oblivion or do you conveniently forget it?
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#33Orestes417Posted 9/1/2014 8:43:21 AM
Goldninja posted...
Hi C posted...

I don't think you played Oblivion if you think anything in skyrim is more complicated than even the first dungeon you trip over in Oblivion.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#34GoldninjaPosted 9/1/2014 8:52:00 AM(edited)
Orestes417 posted...
Goldninja posted...
Hi C posted...

I don't think you played Oblivion if you think anything in skyrim is more complicated than even the first dungeon you trip over in Oblivion.

The dungeons in Oblivion are mostly copied and pasted. You go through three of the main "themes", you've gone through them all. Yes, the dungeons in Skyrim may be more linear than one of the themes in Oblivion (ruins) but at least there's some variety. And to say they're less detailed than the ones in Oblivion is just asinine. From what I've read, they had one guy design the dungeons, and it shows.

And what makes the dungeons less linear in Oblivion? You still go from point a to point b. The difference might be some short alternate paths that lead to nowhere.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#35chandl34Posted 9/1/2014 8:47:03 AM
Bethesda did an amazing job on its vomit-inducing, shaky cam. I couldn't play Skyrim if I wanted to. Makes me sad, because I really wanted to kill 10,000 dragons and hear every guards' tragic knee injury story.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#36BogePosted 9/1/2014 12:48:37 PM
I think they just enjoy stacking skulls and rolling cheese down hills.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#37jake-sfPosted 9/1/2014 12:49:53 PM
People seem to adore bad gameplay. I mean, who cares about gameplay right, its OPEN WORLD! WOOHOO!
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#38ArkonBladePosted 9/1/2014 12:51:15 PM
Ningishzida posted...
It isn't even good.

Cool story Bro.

I feel as if you changed my point of view of liking Skyrim with that well thought out post.
---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#39KidInTheHallPosted 9/1/2014 12:51:58 PM
I normally would give it about a 8.5/10 but when I'm in a Ningishibida topic I like to bump it up to about a 10.5/10.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#40TropicMoon10Posted 9/1/2014 1:04:22 PM
Stop liking what I don't like.

I personally think it's a very mediocre and unpolished game with poor mechanics, a bad inventory system, unsatisfying combat, glitchy NPCs and a dead open world.

But I'm also a random guy on the internet who you shouldn't take seriously - everyone has different tastes. More power to you if you enjoy playing something that I don't.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg