This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HOW VIGOROUSLY would YOU DEFEND YOUR VIDEO GAMES FROM A WOULD-BE BURGLAR?

#141EpicKingdom_Posted 9/2/2014 11:43:59 PM
If console games are stolen....
If PC is stolen....

LOL GG console kiddies.

*Acquires new PC and logs into Steam account*.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vQsosua.png
#142JKatarnPosted 9/2/2014 11:47:24 PM
Born Lucky posted...
istrasci posted...
Umm, let the burglar take whatever he wants, remain alive, make a home insurance claim with the amount the stuff was worth, then let your insurance pay for your new games.

You think that if a man breaks into your home where you and your family are, the best thing for you to do is . . . let him do whatever he wants?'

I feel sorry for your family.

As long as he's not directly threatening you/your family it makes far more sense to lay low and/or call the police vs. directly confronting someone that could very well be high on drugs/have an adrenaline rush going and apt to make rash decisions like knifing/shooting you when startled. Also, it's easy to say "I would do this" in an internet thread, most people aren't going to have the same mindset/presence of mind when their life is actually in danger.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#143Reichmaster01Posted 9/3/2014 12:23:33 AM
Gunzleader posted...
hmm I dunno a friend just retired as a cop and sold me his taser with the prongs. bring it on is all I gotta say. and I will go for the Privates or noot sack and I won"t turn it off!
only cause I have kids in my house you go after me or my kids you WILL pay.
especially my kids I will protect from anyone I don't give a god dam hell who you are.
military or police **** with my kids see what happens............

Umm, you end up getting tasered or killed?
#144NingishzidaPosted 9/3/2014 12:24:50 AM
Well, an intruder in your home is a direct threat.

That said, a desperate heroin addict or meth-head probably isn't going to listen to reason and probably won't feel much pain, so expending all arsenal might be the order of the day.

You don't always know who you're dealing with, though. And neither do they. It's a gamble.
#145jenekiPosted 9/3/2014 6:02:18 AM
I hope he brought a dolly or something, otherwise I'll sit back and laugh as he tries to carry my Neo Geo MVS arcade cabinet.
---
Viper Phase 1
#146Solid SonicPosted 9/3/2014 6:17:14 AM
Well since this is the PC board, I'd actually be pretty vehement because my PC contains a fair bit more information on it than merely video games.
---
The PC is NEVER, EVER getting GTA5!!
*Golden face about to laugh.*
#147Killah PriestPosted 9/3/2014 6:21:41 AM
its a would be burglar just stealing your games, not stealing your games, assaulting your family, and burning your house down.

JUST STEALING YOUR GAMES
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#148Orestes417Posted 9/3/2014 6:35:46 AM
Killah Priest posted...
its a would be burglar just stealing your games, not stealing your games, assaulting your family, and burning your house down.

JUST STEALING YOUR GAMES

Intruder, in house, with you there. Why they're there is irrelevant.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#149Killah PriestPosted 9/3/2014 6:38:05 AM(edited)
hypothetical situation which means conditionals.

you aren't supposed to assume they're going to maul your entire family.

condition was they're there only for your games.
another condition would be, no left over trauma from invasion.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#150hitokiri13Posted 9/4/2014 12:34:37 PM
Well because I hate the idea how I could easily go into people house without getting hurt. I'll be like "Nice I could go in this house and the law will protect me if I get hurt. The only thing I worry about is getting caught after job is done" For people who easily gave up I would thank them for making my life even easier. Next time I might come back scout in case you didn't improve your security.

As a kid I get worried about going near people's houses or go into backyard. If dog hurts me or person comes out with a gun.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.