This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HOW VIGOROUSLY would YOU DEFEND YOUR VIDEO GAMES FROM A WOULD-BE BURGLAR?

#171NingishzidaPosted 9/4/2014 6:21:31 PM
You can also pre-empt thieves, sometimes people end up in your home who you don't know. A friend of a friend, a random laborer for a tradesman.

Watch their eyes when they're in your home, if they dart around alot at your gear you know they're scoping the place out. Remember these people and find out exactly who they are so that if something goes missing, you know who to pay a visit to.

Be wary also of those who admire your possessions often, and ask how much they cost you. These people are normally innocently making small-talk, or are just harmlessly envious. But some could be thieves.

I would say in many cases the thief is known to the victim, if only indirectly. Never boast of your possessions in public, or flash cash and bling around, its one of the dumbest things you can do. You're just asking to be targeted.
#172tn5421Posted 9/4/2014 11:20:55 PM
My video game collection is almost completely digital these days for anything that came out after the first generation DS came out.
---
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.
#173thatfool12GsPosted 9/5/2014 6:08:27 AM
Ningishzida posted...
You can also pre-empt thieves, sometimes people end up in your home who you don't know. A friend of a friend, a random laborer for a tradesman.

Watch their eyes when they're in your home, if they dart around alot at your gear you know they're scoping the place out. Remember these people and find out exactly who they are so that if something goes missing, you know who to pay a visit to.

Be wary also of those who admire your possessions often, and ask how much they cost you. These people are normally innocently making small-talk, or are just harmlessly envious. But some could be thieves.

I would say in many cases the thief is known to the victim, if only indirectly. Never boast of your possessions in public, or flash cash and bling around, its one of the dumbest things you can do. You're just asking to be targeted.

100% true. You must have robbed dozens of homes tbh.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#174NingishzidaPosted 9/5/2014 6:14:19 PM
thatfool12Gs posted...
100% true. You must have robbed dozens of homes tbh.

lol, yeah. I'm a thief giving away my secrets (which are really just common sense) on GameFAQs.

I forgot to mention, though. If you observe people in your home acting like this, confront them on it. Tell them you find it odd they keep admiring your gear and asking about its value, ask them if they have an eye problem because their eyes keep darting around at your gear. If they are really a thief, they'll know you're onto them and will target another home.
#175thatfool12GsPosted 9/5/2014 6:18:58 PM(edited)
Confront them?!?! Are you nuts?! I'll just allow them to case the joint, and if they do come back and rape me and my family, and steal my things, I'll just file an insurance claim and upgrade my GPU out of it.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#176NingishzidaPosted 9/5/2014 6:25:22 PM
thatfool12Gs posted...
Confront them?!?! Are you nuts?! I'll just allow them to case the joint, and if they do come back and rape me and my family, and steal my things, I'll just file an insurance claim and upgrade my GPU out of it.

I know you're just dumbly trying to troll, but when I say confront I don't mean accuse, just make an off-handed remark or crack a joke about their behavior. That's enough to deter a thief from targeting your home.