This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HOW VIGOROUSLY would YOU DEFEND YOUR VIDEO GAMES FROM A WOULD-BE BURGLAR?

#31xEnraiyaxPosted 9/1/2014 12:02:16 PM
Wouldn't really matter what it was to me. If someone is in the house touching your things, then have at them I say. Unless of course they have a gun and you don't. You're pretty much screwed at that point.
---
---
As I stare upon her bosom, I think to myself the moon and sun have met in perfect harmony. Thus my mind has eclipsed.
#323PiesAndAForkPosted 9/1/2014 12:16:25 PM
I picked the option "I'd rather die than let them have my games" because it's such a stupid question it warranted a stupid answer.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#33Lemur_HPosted 9/1/2014 12:25:29 PM
Yombiee posted...
I've had an officer explain to me that you might as well do just that and drag em back inside after he's dead.

I don't even.
#34Orestes417Posted 9/1/2014 12:27:31 PM
Does demonstrating a Mozambique drill with a pistol of modest caliber count as vigorous? I live in a Castle doctrine state, you're in my home uninvited I'm going to assume you mean me harm and respond in kind.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#35mjc0961Posted 9/1/2014 12:33:50 PM
Lemur_H posted...
I wouldn't defend my video games. I'd defend my home. The video games can go f*** themselves if someone is breaking in. They're not important.

---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#36CELTEKKPosted 9/1/2014 12:34:13 PM
Shoot them with my .40
---
i long to see their faces...
regardless of the decay
#37Edavy89Posted 9/1/2014 12:35:22 PM
Lemur_H posted...
Yombiee posted...
I've had an officer explain to me that you might as well do just that and drag em back inside after he's dead.

I don't even.

Yeah, i had a head shake moment reading that one as well. Tampering with a crime scene is a federal thing, so, assuming this was an officer in the states, well, he shouldn't have been. You shoot someone and move the body, even if you were in the right, you are spending a few years in prison. That's pretty much impossible to get away with, unless maybe the incompetent officer who told him that was the one investigating.
#38JKatarnPosted 9/1/2014 12:37:49 PM
Video-games/data would be the last thing on my mind in that situation.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#39Sergei_DukanovPosted 9/1/2014 12:50:27 PM(edited)
They can take the damn games. The legos will cause me to shoot them. I dont mind replacing a few games. Ill be damned if I have to replace all my legos. Buts its a tough call. Since if I shoot the perpetrator and he survives, he can sue me. If he doesnt survive, then his family can sue me.

I also have to take into account what do I want to use to defend myself. Should I be bold and go on a mix of hand to hand or use a bayonet? Or do I engage him with small arms fire? Most likely, he will take a .45 to the chest or if its more than one perpetrator 5.56 to the group. But if I am not home and my brother is, the intruder will be shot with a G3.

One must also think about collateral damage that can take place from such an engagement. Even if you dont use a firearm to defend yourself and your property, you can still cause damage to your belongings. Judging by how poorly american homes are constructed, one can easy punch thru a wall. ( I have done it). So a baseball bat or golf club or another other item laying around can harm a LOT more than the target.
---
FX 8350 R9 290 crossfire.
#40dementedlullabyPosted 9/1/2014 12:42:23 PM
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
They can take the damn games. The legos will cause me to shoot them. I dont mind replacing a few games. Ill be damned if I have to replace all my legos. Buts its a tough call. Since if I shoot the perpetrator and he survives, he can sue me. If he doesnt survive, then his family can sue me. So I would rather rig the house full of explosives so I have no regrets.

And this is the next dude that will end up in jail for 25 years on terrorism charges. XD
---
I'm going back down into deep waters
Starry eyed, Shivers spreading as I fall