This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HOW VIGOROUSLY would YOU DEFEND YOUR VIDEO GAMES FROM A WOULD-BE BURGLAR?

#91NingishzidaPosted 9/1/2014 5:40:07 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Good luck to a burglar getting into my place, I would hear them before they could even try getting into my apartment. My bed is next the only window of my apartment, with a blind over it, outside is a balcony off that you would have to climb up to get onto. My front door is solid and there's no way of not making sound at the door to break in, I would even be able to hear keys movement.

They could try to rob me, but I would be easily prepared.

Sure you would be. First, you'd have to peal your fat ass off the chair you've been sitting in for the last 9 hours. Packet of Doritos would fall from your lap, and Mountain Dew would spill. Then you'd be squinting, trying to adapt your eyes to a real life situation. Your muscles wouldn't respond. Gaming perception and reflexes are no good in scuffles against catlike burglars who live for the dark. Your adrenaline would rush, but probably just cause cardiac arrest. In short, you'd own yourself before the burglar even got to do anything to you.
#92SirPikachuPosted 9/1/2014 5:48:34 PM
Well, the burgular would likely come in the back door, and my dad(I'm 16, so yes, I live with my parents still) would probably hear him, considering he's a light sleeper. Then he'd probably get his gun and go handle it. I would probably sleep through the whole thing because I'm a heavy sleeper. He shot at some dogs that were in our backyard one time(to scare them away, not kill) and I slept through that.

So probably nothing. Unless he woke me up in my room. Then I'd just have to improvise with whatever I can find, probably my milk glass that will be on my nightstand.
---
3DS FC: 2380-3181-9777
Everyone call me elf monster
#93VeiledGenesisPosted 9/1/2014 5:50:01 PM
I'm pretty protective of my things, video games or not. I'd even fight dirty like a woman if I'd have too.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#94GodzFollowerPosted 9/1/2014 5:57:09 PM
depends on if he's armed or not, and what he's armed with. I'm not a big fan of anybody taking anything away from me, especially if I've spent my hard earned money on it.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#95garrmanPosted 9/1/2014 6:05:33 PM
I like my games please no take robber
#96KanthakaPosted 9/1/2014 6:06:18 PM
Well, they'd have to take my laptop. Unless they're going to try to choke my Steam username and password from me or something.

Or start screaming to put them on Family Sharing or something.

Honestly thought I'd be more concerned about the fact that there's a burglar in my house, not what he's specifically trying to steal.
---
Don't mess with Kanthaka, he's stronger than Gheb. - lhatesourkraut
#97Jedi454Posted 9/1/2014 6:16:26 PM
Ningishzida posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Good luck to a burglar getting into my place, I would hear them before they could even try getting into my apartment. My bed is next the only window of my apartment, with a blind over it, outside is a balcony off that you would have to climb up to get onto. My front door is solid and there's no way of not making sound at the door to break in, I would even be able to hear keys movement.

They could try to rob me, but I would be easily prepared.

Sure you would be. First, you'd have to peal your fat ass off the chair you've been sitting in for the last 9 hours. Packet of Doritos would fall from your lap, and Mountain Dew would spill. Then you'd be squinting, trying to adapt your eyes to a real life situation. Your muscles wouldn't respond. Gaming perception and reflexes are no good in scuffles against catlike burglars who live for the dark. Your adrenaline would rush, but probably just cause cardiac arrest. In short, you'd own yourself before the burglar even got to do anything to you.

10/10, good read. Hahaha!
#98CombatClinicX9Posted 9/1/2014 6:24:52 PM
zeppo_basic posted...
My vigor would be dependant on how close my shotgun is to me...
#99Born LuckyPosted 9/1/2014 6:32:21 PM
To the idiot that said you can't use deadly force against a burglar - how do you know the person is just a burglar?

Here in Florida you can use deadly force if you believe your life or the life of your family is in danger.

If someone breaks into your home and you don't assume your life is in danger - you're an idiot.

I said it before and I'll say it again - break into my home and you're dead.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#100TheZeldaFanPosted 9/1/2014 6:39:52 PM
The question ignores the fact that someone broke into your house and assumes you are that worried about your games. This premise sucks.
---
I made this name when I was a loser with no life. I wish I could change my name. ~gamecubeplayer