This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats the state of pc gaming?

#11FenriswolfPosted 9/1/2014 12:47:45 PM
DetectiveZ posted...
Games for Windows Live.
Very intrusive DRM.
Constantly D/Cs you in the middle of the game
Slow as well.

Honestly, I'm not surprised people are boycott or pirate games that have GFWL.

Things that also apply to Steam. But since the gaming media loves to buttkiss Valve it's all okay.

I have like 10 GFWL games on discs and have no problems with them whatsoever. If you deliberately to choose to buy them on Steam and give yourself two layers of DRM, it's your own fault.
---
Hello
#12ArkonBladePosted 9/1/2014 12:54:09 PM
It's been a Push and Pull with the whole DRM thing.

Lately though Gamers are coming a head on the fight.
---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#13Later_dudePosted 9/1/2014 1:13:44 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
DetectiveZ posted...
Games for Windows Live.
Very intrusive DRM.
Slow as well.

Things that also apply to Steam. But since the gaming media loves to buttkiss Valve it's all okay.

I have like 10 GFWL games on discs and have no problems with them whatsoever. If you deliberately to choose to buy them on Steam and give yourself two layers of DRM, it's your own fault.

Yeah steam is more intrusive than an anal probe jeez it's so awful

Like I have to click steam before clicking my game smh
---
fite me irl
#14Garage_ManPosted 9/1/2014 1:36:17 PM
DRM is EVERYWHERE!!!

That said, PC gaming has NEVER been better. It's very console like these days thanks to steam. Even building PCs and dealing with software..it's just so much easier than 10 years ago.
#15JKatarnPosted 9/1/2014 2:18:58 PM
shadowcat2164 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
AC no longer has online requirement as well as sim city.

diablo 3 remains online-only.

oh and GFWL was never officially shut down.

what is gfwl and is there a work around to diablo 3 I have good internet but I know the servers will go dark eventually and than the game becomes unplayable at that point right?

There is no workaround, your character data is stored on their servers, and some of the code for the game runs on their servers. That being said, this is Blizzard we're talking about, undoubtedly the most prominent PC developer so I wouldn't worry about not being able to access Diablo 3 in the near future.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#16JKatarnPosted 9/1/2014 2:22:14 PM
DetectiveZ posted...
Games for Windows Live.
Very intrusive DRM.
Slow as well.

See, I hear about those things but I personally have never had any of those problems with GFWL - the biggest problem I had with it was I had to click "log-in" when it was supposed to be set to "auto-login" and I think one time I had to manually download an update but other than that I just clicked "log in" and it went away, never really affected the game for me. Now, if you have an unstable connection I can understand online DRM causing problems. Don't get me wrong, I don't LOVE excessive DRM, but for me (and others I imagine) it was a minor nuisance at best.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#17JKatarnPosted 9/1/2014 2:23:51 PM
Later_dude posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
DetectiveZ posted...
Games for Windows Live.
Very intrusive DRM.
Slow as well.

Yeah GFWL is more intrusive than Steam it's so awful

Like I have to click "Log-in" after launching my game smh

FTFY.
---
#18DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/1/2014 3:19:01 PM
I've had no end of crap from G4WL games, from crashing, to broken g4wl update loops, to saves getting eaten at random, compatibility problems with steam overlay, issues with alt tab, ect ect.
It is terrible and all of you should feel terrible.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#19Unsugarized_FooPosted 9/1/2014 3:22:04 PM
shadowcat2164 posted...
is there a work around to diablo 3 I have good internet but I know the servers will go dark eventually and than the game becomes unplayable at that point right?

Not yet, but if the day comes that this is an issue, there will be. Blizzard is really good at keeping their servers up. Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 are still around after being out for over a decade. Hell, they still sell the games.

I bet there is just one old, lonely server blade that runs both of the games, but they still care <3
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#20LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/1/2014 3:25:48 PM
PC gaming is only improving and becoming more popular. The only companies in direct opposition to it are the terrible ones like EA, Ubisoft, Activision who naturally oppose it because it gives consumers more control and choice.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009