This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any tips on making a good password?

#11GunmaN1905Posted 9/1/2014 4:43:12 PM
I still use couple of generated passwords I got in a couple of broswer games like 10 years ago. They're quite hard to remember.
I also use different 3-4 number combo after them for every site and dot, slash or underscore between those.
#12capgamerPosted 9/1/2014 4:56:17 PM(edited)
Make it as long as possible with at least one of each: capital, number, and symbol. Make it easy to remember.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#13chandl34Posted 9/1/2014 5:00:19 PM(edited)
Length is the most important aspect of making the password secure. What capgamer said. ^
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#14TimePharaohPosted 9/1/2014 5:43:18 PM
chandl34 posted...
Length is the most important aspect of making the password secure. What capgamer said. ^

But they said it wasn't the length that matters!
#15DaedalusExPosted 9/1/2014 5:48:18 PM
I usually use keyboard patterns. Something like:

1qazse4rfvgy7

Just have to remember the shape.
#16monkmithPosted 9/1/2014 5:54:24 PM
i make them stupid long with lots of symbols and alternating caps. since there is no way i'd remember all of them i put them in a spreadsheet that i store on an encrypted hard drive.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#17MarceloSampaioPosted 9/1/2014 5:58:34 PM
Correct Horse Battery Staple

Make something big, but easy for you to memorize it. ^^
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#18ClashtonnPosted 9/1/2014 5:59:46 PM
i just use my last name and 5
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#19PhilOnDezPosted 9/1/2014 6:11:16 PM
I just came up with a short easy to remember sentence and leetspeaked it. I'll just add a bit of variation between sites, sometimes I'll capitalize it, throw a period or exclamation mark or something at the end, stuff like that. It's as secure as it needs to be, nobody's going to guess it, if somebody wants to bruteforce it they're going to bruteforce it, and if I get keylogged then complexity doesn't matter.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#20NingishzidaPosted 9/1/2014 6:17:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]