This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will it Suck? Sims 4

#1GladiatorDangerPosted 9/1/2014 8:27:44 PM
Will it Suck? - Results (187 votes)
Yes
83.42% (156 votes)
No
16.58% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
With Sims 4 so close to release I fail to see why anyone should buy it over the Sims 3, seems like little more than a poor excuse to re-sell all the content they already sold you in the Sims 3 only with more cut out of the base package to justify further expansions. Is there any reason to play the Sims 4 over the Sims 3 or Will it Suck?
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#2rupok93Posted 9/1/2014 8:36:02 PM
The fact that literally nobody is actually excited anywhere shows that nobody expects the game to be good. So I will be surprised if it is.
#3Nineteen99Posted 9/1/2014 8:51:12 PM
No one is excited because this will be the third time that we're getting a base game with deliberately no content just so they can sell 20 expansion packs. They're even taking out features that are a normal part of the game since the first Sims, just so they can sell them in expansion packs (pools, toddlers).
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#4rupok93Posted 9/1/2014 9:00:44 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
No one is excited because this will be the third time that we're getting a base game with deliberately no content just so they can sell 20 expansion packs. They're even taking out features that are a normal part of the game since the first Sims, just so they can sell them in expansion packs (pools, toddlers).

Pretty much. The game literally feels like it has nothing besides "emotions" in it now. I hope it flops severely.
#5Freelance_WolfPosted 9/1/2014 9:04:03 PM
How can we know it sucks if it's not out yet?

As for me, I don't see any reason to play it over Sims 3, which I think is the best in the series. From what I've read about Sims 4, it seems to be taking a step backwards, so no thanks.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#6drinkPosted 9/1/2014 9:07:08 PM
I think is will do well like the past Sims games.
There aren't really any other games like this one.
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#7machetemanPosted 9/1/2014 9:09:39 PM
the pathetic thing about EA haters is that even if you dont care about Sims 4, if the game ends up being decent and getting good reviews, EA haters will immediately jump to "lol EA paid them" conclusions.

So EA hypes game -> game is average -> "lol typical EA trash game"
Game has little to no hype -> game is pretty good -> "lol how much did EA pay for their reviews?"
#8GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 9:11:26 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...

Thread is about predictions not clairvoyant knowledge of the future.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#9Freelance_WolfPosted 9/1/2014 9:15:36 PM(edited)
They say that about any EA game actually, about the '"lol how much did EA pay for their reviews?" part.

I don't hate EA, I like some of their games.

GladiatorDanger posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...

Thread is about predictions not clairvoyant knowledge of the future.

Whether it sucks it not, it's going to break world records anyway since it's The Sims. As someone else said in this thread, there's really no other game besides this series in the same genre. I'm actually surprised nobody else has tried to make their own copy of The Sims yet.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#10GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 9:14:07 PM
macheteman posted...
the pathetic thing about EA haters is that even if you dont care about Sims 4, if the game ends up being decent and getting good reviews, EA haters will immediately jump to "lol EA paid them" conclusions.

So EA hypes game -> game is average -> "lol typical EA trash game"
Game has little to no hype -> game is pretty good -> "lol how much did EA pay for their reviews?"

Are you saying the only reason people believe the Sims 4 will suck is because they are EA haters?
---