This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will it Suck? Sims 4

#21ghost140Posted 9/1/2014 9:41:55 PM(edited)
Lord_Vader posted...
So.. who's played it? Is it worse than Sims 3 vanilla?

I have (you know how) it is better in some respects, gfx is a bit better as well as AI but as others have stated there is an extreme lack of content compared to Sims3 base. Maybe ill get it 2 years from now when all the many inevitable expansions are out,unless it flounders like SimCity, and is a more complete game than it is now.
---
Big publishers have yet to grasp the concept that unless they offer serious money and accept a big share of the risk, nobody needs them anymore. - Dan Vavra
#22Lord_VaderPosted 9/1/2014 9:54:01 PM
ghost140 posted...
Lord_Vader posted...

I have (you know how) it is better in some respects, gfx is a bit better as well as AI but as others have stated there is an extreme lack of content compared to Sims3 base. Maybe ill get it 2 years from now when all the many inevitable expansions are out,unless it flounders like SimCity, and is a more complete game than it is now.

Lol... this is what we have to resort to when companies decide not to release demos for their games anymore.

Anyways I actually dislike the new graphical style. It looks way too cartoony. And if anything these graphics could have probably been done 3-4 years ago. They dumbed down the graphics so that grandma Marie could run it on her ancient PC. I was expecting the AI to be better since that was pretty much their main selling point with the emotion system and all. But that one new main inclusion definitely does not make up for the loss of story mode and open world as well as the plethora of other things they decided to cut out so that they could rush out a product which you'll be forced to by DLC for if you want the same experience as in the previous games. They can probably add in the held back content like pools and toddlers in DLC which they'll charge an arm and a leg for. But I definitely don't expect to see open world in an expansion since that involves messing with the core mechanics of the game. Too bad that was the feature that made Sims 3 better than its prequels imo.
---
Live long and prosper.
#23GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 9:58:04 PM
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/08/sims-4-forum-thread-tracks-78-missing-features

For those who think there is no reason to think that the Sims 4 will suck, personally I like this quote from the Producer as to what the Sims 4 has to offer over previous installments of the franchise

I know you’ve already heard and read the official “pitch” from numerous places, so instead I’ll offer this… Four main entries into the franchise and it becomes more of a challenge to explain the nuances of what’s different from one to the next. For example, we say something along the line of, “hey, these new emotions Sims have are pretty rad”, and people counter with, “but my Sims have always had emotions”. Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games, but truly your Sims haven’t had anything like this before. But the conversation then changes into discussing what is or isn’t there and the minutiae of differences in each feature along some scale because the easiest way to try and understand something new is to compare and contrast it to what came before. Looking at a list of features on paper may tell you what you can expect to find in the game, but it doesn’t tell you if it’s fun to play. That said, if there’s something that’s not in the game at launch and that’s a deal breaker for you then I understand and respect your decision, and I hope you’ll give the game another look down the line.

"Hey guys I know your upset about the missing features but now the Sims totally have emotions to make up for it! What is that? You say we said that about the last Sims games? Well ok we totally lied to you about that in the previous games but now they truly do have emotions I am like super cerial you guys!"
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#24jessica73Posted 9/1/2014 10:37:58 PM
ghost140 posted...
Lord_Vader posted...

Wait, someone has one out? The main guys (you know who) have been saying it's coming all yesterday, but I guess it will be sometime today. Maybe we'll peruse the net in the meantime >_>
People have been playing legit copies on vpn though, and it looks like a slightly better looking TS3 base (including being kinda empty as they usually start off) but in a TS2 world format, but with the clusters of houses in your neighborhood instead of just your lot. That also is snappier than 3, so I guess that's good news for when the 4081 expansions pile up.
---