This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An Open Letter to Silence Criticism

#11CammyApplePosted 9/1/2014 10:38:00 PM
Elkiador posted...
I am still not at all convinced that the supposed threats of rape and murder floating around are not part of a false flag operation by SJW's to make their position more sympathetic. It wouldn't take much for Anita or one of her fellow travelers to reg a few disposable Twitter accounts and then tweet threats at their main accounts. Then they sit back, beg for donations and let the money and sympathetic editorials from game "journalists" roll in.

Watch out. That kind of thinking makes you "part of the problem". Even if it is something that could very well occur.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#12ElkiadorPosted 9/1/2014 10:39:12 PM
Good, I'm proud to be part of the problem in that case.
#13CammyApplePosted 9/1/2014 10:39:56 PM
Elkiador posted...
Good, I'm proud to be part of the problem in that case.

I hope you detected that my post wasn't completely serious.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#14TropicMoon10Posted 9/1/2014 10:51:01 PM
I'm not entirely sure what the point of this petition is... What it says should be common sense.

You're not going to end online harassment just by typing your name on a list. Social media is free, accessible, international, and for the most part anonymous. All these things are perfect storms for trolls and scumbags. It's something that can't and won't stop, unfortunately.

The internet can be a barbaric place, and when you're famous in any way you become a primary target. The Kootra swatting thing is a good example. You accept the risk by taking the job and being in the public eye. Harassment isn't something that just affects feminists.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#15Haeravon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 11:02:27 PM
TropicMoon10 posted...
I'm not entirely sure what the point of this petition is... What it says should be common sense.

You're not going to end online harassment just by typing your name on a list. Social media is free, accessible, international, and for the most part anonymous. All these things are perfect storms for trolls and scumbags. It's something that can't and won't stop, unfortunately.

The internet can be a barbaric place, and when you're famous in any way you become a primary target. The Kootra swatting thing is a good example. You accept the risk by taking the job and being in the public eye. Harassment isn't something that just affects feminists.

My thoughts exactly... I'm just wary that our 'criticism' will become their 'hate-speech' or 'harassments'. Threats are unacceptable... But signing a petition and watch dogging hurt feelings won't stop it. From what I've read, Anita's threats were from one jerk on Twitter, who didn't even mention gaming. If you've played games online, you've certainly been threatened by some anonymous punk... Writing FAQs and reviews, I've received my share of hate.

But, I don't take it seriously, and all of gaming doesn't descend from their mountain strongholds to white knight on my behalf. Playing the victim is 100% of Anita's scheme. She gets money out of it, and notoriety, so given all that, excuse me if I take her fear with a grain of salt. And Zoe... I can't feel sorry for somebody who lies and harasses to get her way. She's on the wrong side of this petition, from all I've read.
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com
Watch gaming videos at www.youtube.com/haeravonfaqs
#16SurvivorTypePosted 9/1/2014 11:13:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that at least half of those names are the names of dead pets taken from registrars, like when Sideshow Bob becomes Mayor of Springfield by rigging the elections in The Simpsons.
---
You eat the world, or the world eats you. Either way, it's okay.
#17bigbadharryPosted 9/1/2014 11:27:25 PM
CammyApple posted...
Elkiador posted...
I am still not at all convinced that the supposed threats of rape and murder floating around are not part of a false flag operation by SJW's to make their position more sympathetic. It wouldn't take much for Anita or one of her fellow travelers to reg a few disposable Twitter accounts and then tweet threats at their main accounts. Then they sit back, beg for donations and let the money and sympathetic editorials from game "journalists" roll in.

Watch out. That kind of thinking makes you "part of the problem". Even if it is something that could very well occur.

This x 1000

The Twitter rile up crowbar threat is a reference to the movie "Monster" a SJW favorite.
It's just not something I see a gamer posting? A lot of other stuff but that specific reference?

If it was real, it's just one stupid idiot anyway. If you take any fanbase you are bound to find scores of idiots, sports, cars, bodybuilding etc etc

He didn't actually follow through or he was just trolling. Other fandoms actually follow through.
#18singhellotakuPosted 9/2/2014 1:05:33 AM
slyman19 posted...
When did the video game industry get infected with drama? Was it always here and I just missed it?

recently, its like the Washington Redskins thing, we all just sort of decided it was a problem now despite it being around for decades, and at least that IS offensive, this is just whining about the troll population of the internet, which will do nothing but embolden them.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#19singhellotakuPosted 9/2/2014 1:08:21 AM
bigbadharry posted...
CammyApple posted...
Elkiador posted...

This x 1000

The Twitter rile up crowbar threat is a reference to the movie "Monster" a SJW favorite.
It's just not something I see a gamer posting? A lot of other stuff but that specific reference?

If it was real, it's just one stupid idiot anyway. If you take any fanbase you are bound to find scores of idiots, sports, cars, bodybuilding etc etc

He didn't actually follow through or he was just trolling. Other fandoms actually follow through.

real or not, the bigger point in my eyes, is there is a VERY big difference between real death threats and angry people lashing out with words, if they are real they go to the police, if its just trolls being rude you ignore it. I regularly receive death threats at work (all of which are recorded) and I very rarely report them, because most are just people being immature.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#20darthsniderPosted 9/2/2014 1:11:07 AM
Remember, it doesn't matter how much evidence any one of us can throw out there to refute the death threat claims or anything else about this. Games media/SJWs have decided that we're wrong. And that's that.

Meanwhile, while you're sitting there frustrated, remember to #KillAllMen.
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
NNID: PHIbot / FC: 0430-8557-9176