This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An Open Letter to Silence Criticism

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. An Open Letter to Silence Criticism
10 months ago#21
Rovian Projection at its... not finest, really, because this is extremely transparent.

Elkiador posted...
I am still not at all convinced that the supposed threats of rape and murder floating around are not part of a false flag operation by SJW's to make their position more sympathetic. It wouldn't take much for Anita or one of her fellow travelers to reg a few disposable Twitter accounts and then tweet threats at their main accounts. Then they sit back, beg for donations and let the money and sympathetic editorials from game "journalists" roll in.

Twitter's gender metrics strongly indicate that the writer of the threats against Anita was female.
10 months ago#22
Whats wrong with free speech? I say let her continue this crusader and stupid people give her money for nothing. Personally i think entire thing a joke but whatever...
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
10 months ago#23
Nemerlight posted...
Whats wrong with free speech? I say let her continue this crusader and stupid people give her money for nothing. Personally i think entire thing a joke but whatever...

This just encourages more parasites.
10 months ago#24
jake-sf posted...
I'm missing the point here.

"We believe that everyone, no matter what gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or religion has the right to play games, criticize games and make games without getting harassed or threatened. It is the diversity of our community that allows games to flourish.

If you see threats of violence or harm in comments on Steam, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook or reddit, please take a minute to report them on the respective sites.

If you see hateful, harassing speech, take a public stand against it and make the gaming community a more enjoyable space to be in.

Thank you
"

In what way is any of this wrong?

It is made in light of recent events, and completely fails to address the actual issue of corrupt game journalism. It's made with the wrong mentality, and this whole scandal has proved the ends do not justify the means in this situation.

The article itself is how IGN breaks its silence, and even then they fail to address why people are angry in the first place.

If it were made at a different time, where everyone didn't play the victim card and feminism card for attention and sympathy, I might've signed it myself.
---
TU FUI, EGO ERIS.
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
10 months ago#25
Such sissy lala's. Just cry and get over it but don't bug me and mah games.
---
It's weird that pirates would go from shore to shore looking for buried treasure,
when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making.
10 months ago#26
The irony of this is that it's the other side that is harrassing and sending out death threats. SJW's says it's okay to kill children
http://i.imgur.com/BDtuod8.png
---
Are we not men?
10 months ago#27
Lulz. Adam Orth signed this thing. Adam "#dealwithit" Orth. Adam "why would I want to live there" Orth.

Hypocrisy so thick you could spread it on toast.
10 months ago#28
KaiserWarrior posted...
Hypocrisy so thick you could spread it on toast.

That letter is sickening. Industry in denial.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
10 months ago#29
Meh, remember Kony 2012, or "Real men don't buy girls"?

This will go away too, and sooner if people stop feeding the trolls.
---
There is no hope.
10 months ago#30
More SJW bull.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. An Open Letter to Silence Criticism

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived