This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SplitFish FragFX Shark... worth it for just the PC?

#1Darth_KamcioPosted 9/2/2014 1:13:20 AM
I'm digging the half-mouse half-gamepad fusion of the Shark and I became interested in it.
However, most reviews describe its use on the consoles and not on the PC.

Is it not to be used with PC? Or is there some cheaper alternative to it? If it's good with PC - how's the performance in comparison with a standard, non-gaming mouse?
---
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; Dragon safari including Dragonair.
#2Darth_Kamcio(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 11:29:44 AM
bump
---
I love dragons!
#3Darth_Kamcio(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 3:21:39 AM
just a tiny another bump
---
I love dragons!
#4Darth_Kamcio(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2014 3:55:14 PM
Aaaaaand yet another one.
---
I love dragons!
#5JrambharosePosted 9/6/2014 4:01:13 PM
This thing looks like it's designed for consoles because of the lack of mouse and keyboard support.. Why are you considering this for PC?
---
[M18X_R2 i7-3630QM SLI GTX680M 16GB RAM 240GB mSATA SSD 2x750GB 1x320GB HDD]
[GS70 i7-4700HQ GTX765M 16GB RAM 2x128GB SSD Super RAID 1x1TB HDD]
#6Son Of SpamPosted 9/6/2014 7:44:37 PM
Something like this would probably be better for PC.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver
#7Cool_Dude667Posted 9/6/2014 7:50:47 PM
id pay you to stream yourself playing battlefield with that atrocity
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#8TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 9/6/2014 7:58:04 PM
I heard from a poster on this board who's used one before that the PC setting uses digital input. So that "analog" stick wont give you 360 degrees of movement.

There might, might be a way to use the Xbox 360/PS3 setting on it, and then emulate X-input API to get it to be compatible without any major hitches.

Although, if you're playing a game that switches button prompts from controller scheme to KB&M scheme depending on what's being pressed at the time, you might be driven crazy by the buttons switching every time you move one of the peripherals.

(example: You're playing Sleeping Dogs. I use this example because it supports controllers and KB&M, and there are a lot of on-screen prompts in the game. A prompt for you to press a button on the controller pops up. Before pressing that button, you do something on the mouse that causes the game to recognize KB&M input, and the icon changes from a button on the controller to something on the keyboard. Theoretically, this shouldn't affect gameplay at all. It's just a visual annoyance that could happen quite often.)

Also, I would recommend using an actual gaming mouse alongside the nunchuk controller, if possible. I've heard of people doing that before. The reason why is because that mouse probably sucks. It might lag and have a bad sensor. Get something that's designed for PC gaming and has the amount of buttons you want.
---
Steam: Sydite
#9Darth_Kamcio(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2014 2:10:55 AM
Jrambharose posted...
This thing looks like it's designed for consoles because of the lack of mouse and keyboard support.. Why are you considering this for PC?

I'm attracted to the idea of having the analog stick for movement and mouse for precision - which for me is the best of the PC and console worlds.

Seeing that there are several games which I could play like that (for example skyrim - I would have mouse for both attacks and looking around, analog for moving and then two triggers, a d-pad and the select button on the fragchuck and 5 buttons left on the mouse; or Magicka - I can get around choosing spells with analog, but I absolutely need mouse for aiming).

I do realize that this was made for consoles - that's why I asked for alternatives which might work better on the PC.

Son Of Spam posted...
Something like this would probably be better for PC.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver

Ah, another reason why I considered fragfx - while I like the orbweaver's idea, it's over 3 time as expensive as the fragfx here :/

TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
I heard from a poster on this board who's used one before that the PC setting uses digital input. So that "analog" stick wont give you 360 degrees of movement.

Oh...that sucks...TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
Also, I would recommend using an actual gaming mouse alongside the nunchuk controller, if possible.

Could you point me to any, pretty please? My google-using skills fail me, for the most I can get is a PC version of Wii's nunchuck. And that thing has only an analog and two buttons, which is much less than I'd want.
---
I love dragons!
#10Darth_Kamcio(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2014 3:30:06 AM
Also, I like the idea of the left-hand nunchuck because it's much more portable for when I want to come over to my friends and play some PC local multiplayer games (and gamepads don't always do it for me). Nunchuck + mouse is much smaller than KB+M.
---
I love dragons!