This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you access the Grove town Master quest in FATE Traitors soul?

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 9/2/2014 3:11:47 AM
Don't really know where to ask this and have been asking around on how to access it but I was wondering if I really have to play the first FATE in order to access the Grove Town master quest? I think you can access Duanthia and Typhoon masterquest from Traitors soul but I just don't understand why you can't access the one from Grove in Traitors soul.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#2reincarnator07Posted 9/2/2014 7:23:52 AM
What?
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#3TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 8:09:59 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
What?

If you have played the FATE series. In Traitor's soul, you can access Grove (the setting of the first game). The other master quests for the typhoon and drunthia outpost is available while grove masterquest is not available. I was wondering how you could access the masterquest without having to play through the first game?
---
#4the_dracolichPosted 9/2/2014 8:15:17 AM
You can't. Grove wasn't even normally available when I played the game again with Undiscovered Realms and The Traitor Soul. I had to edit a file to be able to visit it and the Master quest wasn't active.

But there's no point in doing the original Master quest. It's a pretty simple quest. It's something like the quest in Dungeons of Dredmor, but instead of Dredmor you have to kill a random boss with boss minions on a random floor between 40 and 50 (IIRC).
---
Immune to criticals, criticism, negative board level, etc.
#5TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 8:30:00 AM
the_dracolich posted...
You can't. Grove wasn't even normally available when I played the game again with Undiscovered Realms and The Traitor Soul. I had to edit a file to be able to visit it and the Master quest wasn't active.

But there's no point in doing the original Master quest. It's a pretty simple quest. It's something like the quest in Dungeons of Dredmor, but instead of Dredmor you have to kill a random boss with boss minions on a random floor between 40 and 50 (IIRC).

Do you know if there is a way to activate it? I got the steam version and it lets you access grove. My main purpose was to clear grove first (masterquest) then retire and then go and try to do the main quest for undiscovered realms, retire then finally do the masterquest for traitors soul while waiting for cursed king to be released on steam.
---
#6TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 9:28:39 AM
bump.

If anyone has the game, do you know if the game has level scaling or I have to go deeper to get higher level monsters?
---
#7the_dracolichPosted 9/2/2014 10:03:30 AM
No scaling. In fact monster levels will steadily rise the deeper you go, but your level gain will slow down to a crawl at some point, and before you know it you'll be fighting monsters 50+ levels above yours. You can refresh visited floors to grind, but it still takes a lot of time to catch up to their level and isn't really necessary. The level difference is easily countered by your magnificent loot :D
---
#8TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 10:05:37 AM
the_dracolich posted...
No scaling. In fact monster levels will steadily rise the deeper you go, but your level gain will slow down to a crawl at some point, and before you know it you'll be fighting monsters 50+ levels above yours. You can refresh visited floors to grind, but it still takes a lot of time to catch up to their level and isn't really necessary. The level difference is easily countered by your magnificent loot :D

Last question:

Which Fate to play? Leaning more towards traitor soul as I kind of miss the multiple towns. I got all of them by the way.
---
#9the_dracolichPosted 9/2/2014 10:25:18 AM
Actually I haven't tried the new Master quests, only visited a floor or 2. I stuck with playing in Grove's dungeon looking for a super item for heirlooming (quest reward items' stats continue to grow the deeper the floor the quest is on). Reached around floor 270 and the game crashed when I tried to go to the next floor. Maybe I had too much gold or something. I tried to enter another town's dungeon but the same thing happened and I stopped playing.
---
#10TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 10:26:58 AM
Ok. I guess I will just go and dive in Grove then go to another dungeon without worrying about the master quest and just enjoy stuff then. I have been overthinking about the master quest that I haven't been doing anything for the past few days but jump from one fate to another.
---