This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody just walk into a big town in an RPG and

#21johnny_payPosted 9/2/2014 9:04:02 AM
if i wander into a big town i look for the shops
#22DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/2/2014 9:21:03 AM
Javelin posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
waste of time to be talking to all NPCs with flavorless text.

You must be playing JRPGs. Play a real RPG, like Planescape: Torment or Gothic II, and you won't have this problem.

TBH, I find JRPGs tend to have more character behind their NPCs.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#23ElkiadorPosted 9/2/2014 9:25:07 AM
I like that town full of mages in Final Fantasy IV where they're all pissed at you for being a murderous mage-slayer and so they turn you into a pig or drug you if you talk to the wrong NPC. Towns in modern RPG's are pointless and boring and only exist to pad out a game's length.
#24foodeater4Posted 9/2/2014 9:25:57 AM
Depends on the game TC. I am a roleplayer at heart, so even in a single palyer game I still might be roleplaying a little bit. Especially a Skyrim type of game its usually to time consuming to check out every nook and cranny and talk to every person, so if my character is a simple warrior hes not gonan check out the entire town. Just do business and move on with life. Maybe on another charcter I'll find something new. Im not concerned about seeing everything at once.
#25Bane766Posted 9/2/2014 9:38:21 AM
Personally, I like big towns. I play a lot of RPG's, so to me it's cool coming to a new town. Buy better weapons/armor and find out more of the story-also looking all over for LOOT. Non-open world RPG's are good at this.

With Skyrim, tho, coming to a new town is damn near pointless for gear. Yes it brings more quests, but the gear is leveled to you, so it doesn't have that reward that some other RPG's have.
---
"But you make me wanna act like a girl painting my nails and wear perfume..." DL
Douleur Peur Mort
#26Knighted DragonPosted 9/2/2014 10:19:34 AM
Yes, a lot of the cities in MMO's are horrific nightmares to navigate. It shouldn't take you 45 minutes to find a single freaking NPC while using online guides to get get there.

Also the Citadel in Mass Effect 1 was the sole reason I stopped playing that game and couldn't finish it for like 4 years. I finally went back and beat it, but man that area is so freaking bad
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg