This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It is over

#21xixnoahxixPosted 9/2/2014 7:44:06 AM
Robotron2084 posted...
I have been gaming since the late 70s (I know), but today I have decided it is over.

I am selling my consoles, cancelling all my pre-orders, and throwing out what I can't sell. I am finished with this corrupt industry. Bloggers, developers and even the IGF siding against gamers saying it's about hate and bigotry when that is all gamers have been receiving from them in the past two weeks with zero press coverage of doxxing, threats, harassing phone calls, and again the shutting down of a campaign to support women in gaming.

Of course I will still have my PC for many other things but gaming is dead to me. They want it that bad they can have it, but in my honest opinion the only way to shut this down is to no longer financially support these crooks. They don't deserve my money.

So take care gamers I will still check in everyone once in awhile to see what your are all fighting about. PC, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft didn't matter......in the end we were gamers and that is what was important.

You're just as much of an idiot as they are.

Video games are about playing games, not getting wrapped up "corruption" or who is right or wrong.

You're doing the exact same thing as the rest, you're just on the other side of this imaginary fence everyone has built up.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM! -- capnovan
#22KillerTrufflePosted 9/2/2014 7:48:36 AM
Robotron2084 posted...
I have been gaming since the late 70s (I know), but today I have decided it is over.

I'm also highly skeptical about this... I just can't convince myself that someone in their 40's+ would have this sort of attitude over something that *really* isn't affecting gaming nearly as much as you claim - in fact, the biggest effect by far has been the bile spewed by all the antisocial gamers in the past few weeks. No, I would expect someone in their 40's to be a tad more mature than that, unless you stopped developing emotionally when you were 12.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#23ConsumerWarningPosted 9/2/2014 7:49:15 AM
rabble rabble rabble
---
The 80's are over and the conservatives lost.
#24Haley Joel OsmentPosted 9/2/2014 7:52:55 AM
No need to quit gaming entirely. Just quit reading any gaming media, stop buying the endlessly rehashed AAA garbage that comes out every year and enjoy some old games instead (via emulators or otherwise).

---
I see dead people.
#25Lonestar2000Posted 9/2/2014 7:56:19 AM
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#26iBlackice25Posted 9/2/2014 7:58:03 AM
tiger8191 posted...
lol

---
GT: DarknessSniperX/PSN: sky_Pharaoh
dustloop: Legion13/Steam: sky_Pharaoh
#27AsellusPosted 9/2/2014 8:04:27 AM
I'm still boggled by this.

This is "Video Games Journalism" in a nutshell
http://i.imgur.com/kLHUo.png

It is paid for entirely by advertising. It exists *to sell you stuff*. Publishers are only too happy to shower the major review sites with free gifts, free travel, and keeping good in their books is required in order to gain early access to review copies and "exclusive preview"-type deals.

Everyone knows about this yet somehow the peril of "Video Games Journalism" is a promiscuous fifth-rate indie developer or just maybe the revelation that people in the industry know other people in the industry, let alone maybe do the kind of things that adults sometimes do with other adults? They're appaled that when they can't stop strewing conspiracies involving "SJW"s people give them the same kind of wide birth that people who regular drop the phrase "Zionist" in conversation tend to get?
#28wildog2006Posted 9/2/2014 8:05:40 AM
Robotron2084 posted...
no longer financially support these crooks

Doesn't mean you have to quit gaming...
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#29KillerTrufflePosted 9/2/2014 8:14:02 AM
Haley Joel Osment posted...
stop buying the endlessly rehashed AAA garbage that comes out every year

That'll sure show those promiscuous indie devs! >:D

(Not that I disagree about rehash garbage... :P )
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#30ElkiadorPosted 9/2/2014 8:18:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]